1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

help in cake

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by kiranavvari, Mar 7, 2010.

1. kiranavvari

kiranavvari Gold IL'ite

Hello All,

I was trying to bake cake. It came out kind of OK. When I taste it, I felt butter was more. I was using the same quantities given in this forum. I am using the cooking butter. Someone please help me what kind of butter should I use. And, can I give only half the quantity of butter, to that of plain flour.

Thanks,
    kiran.

2. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi kiran,

i'm not an adept in baking cakesand hence i can't guide u. but in the same forum , u've a sub forum titled ask chitvish. do click on the link below to go thru' it.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/222758-post81.html.

Also, first read the " cake lore " and " tips on baking cakes " topics before u actually venture into one. Good luck!

And, that's how i learnt and i tried many of her cake , bun and bread recipes. She is a superb teacher on the net.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Kiran,

if you can specify the recipe that you tried and exactly what you mean by 'butter was more' then may be i can try to help.

latha

4. smitarubinsson

smitarubinsson Gold IL'ite

The usual thumb rule for baking cakes is equal quantities of sugar, egg, flour and butter, but may vary according to the receipe.