1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Help getting rid of dry cough

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Riyasmommy, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Update - I have been taking warm milk+turmeric right before bed for the last two nights and the cough is almost gone! Thanks Gowri (and Aadhusmom).

Thanks to all the other ladies too who poured in their suggestions.

Raj

2. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Raj...

I was supposed to ask you about the same.... very happy ! That is a good home remedy and very effective..

Very happy... that I could help you a bit !!!

3. scorpiogal

scorpiogal Senior IL'ite

I had the dry cough for a month .Now after the patti vaityam from My mom it stopped all of sudden .

How long since u took an oil bath ?

Someytimes these dry coughs come due to imbalance in body temperature from head to rest of the body parts .

for some especially when u work the brain higher than usual like when u study for exams ur heads slight heats up more than ur body and this causes the cough

Take 3 tbps spoons of Gingely oil .warm it and add 3 or 4 peppercorns and 1 redchilly and few 1/4 teasppon of venthayam let iit cool and apply to ur head when its luke warm and let it stay for 15 minutes atleast and take a shampoo or shikai kai bath and u will see a difference the next day .

It helped for me .Hopefully it helps u

4. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Scorpiogal, the last time I had an oil bath was almost an year ago when our baby was born and my mom was here. Now with a toddler around if I can find 10 minutes extra to wash my hair, I take that as a luxury. :)

Raj

5. nimmisrinath

nimmisrinath Senior IL'ite

hi raj,
    try this out for dry cough,
    1/4tspturmeric pwder
    1/4tsp rock sugar powder or mishri
    1/4tsp ghee.make small balls out of these and have it 4 times a day. you can add ghee more to make a ball out of it.
    hope tjhis helps you.

thanx
    nimmi