1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

helmet off... bat up

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by strangerrr, Sep 26, 2012.

1. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

The batsman’s eyes concentrate on the seam of the ball, as it gets released from the bowler’s arm. He tries all his power and energy and swings his bat. «Ooops» the ball misses the centre part of the willow but had little mercy to brush its edge and change its direction from the wicket keeper to the third man boundary. A fielder there casually picks the ball.

Meanwhile, the batsman completes a run – takes of his helmet – raises his bat - runs randomly.
    The non striker jogs to him, offers his hand for shake and says “hey mate, its just a 50…

50, fifty week since first post here on how I reached here, totally ignoring the automated message which welcomed “Thanks for joining IndusLadies.com, the largest online community for Indian Women.”

Why

I was totally of the idea that the IL blog space may get blocked if I won’t post at least one post a week. I thought I can post those 15 odd post which I penned (or typed) earlier. By the time I understood I was not actually like that, I started with fresh one every alternate week as I desired to carry on little longer than 15 weeks.

Of course, I totally forgot a Wednesday that it was a Wednesday. Since then it became a habit and I never missed any (with help of frequent mobile reminders). Should confess it was not easy though. May be the inspiration from my ex-boss, who I like for his working in time-frames and deadlines come handy.

What

More than the time and the schedule, the worry was the quality; and having minimal gap from IL standards. Still most of the posts are half-baked; I categorically avoided quarter-baked and underdone ones; like there were times I clubbed 2 incidents and 5 incidents into a post when running out of ideas. The worry grew stronger as my sister sunk herself to a much busy schedule and her response time was not supportive; but I am fortunate enough to have a patient friend to read, review and give opinion/fb on most of the first draft.

Ho… let me not start explaining my limitations with spelling, grammar and to find alphabets in keyboard (sometimes wrong use of words too). Hope you know those all better by now. The problem is, in spite of number of times I read (before and after posting) I read what I intent to read than what was written.

How

Realizing I went to bed on a Tuesday and waking up early to pen (change of mobile handset that week) – posting quarter dozen posts in advance while getting into busy schedule or travel – sharing password with a friend and request to post when continuous internet black out at home (Admins should consider adding this site on a category which cannot be blocked by our IT team at office) It was all in my very own messed up way. As I am typing this I am at least 10 hours behind regular scheduled time for post.

Over all

It was a nice experience being a familiar stranger for few of you, more of all reading yours and learning from you.

At some point from here on, the frequency shall not be weekly, which may become fortnightly and then monthly and even may totally fade off.

But as of now :)

Back to the cricket field

… and its a game & field where plenty other crossed this; in fact we have people who crossed 400s’ 200s’ and many hundreds. Don’t you think you are boasting too much?”

The batsmen replied,
    “you are absolutely correct
    You are talking about masters
    but I am just a tail-ender

its more of a surprise
    than boasting

and please don’t see the act of taking of helmet and raising bat as boasting;
    see it as a gratitude for all the people who supported and guided along”

---
    Time for some highlights:
    (My favorite picks from the fifty)

Whom I love
    first ever blog post

That’s how I reached here
    first post in IL

how shall i tell her?
    read through the comment to know why this is special

She touched me
    when nothing to post, this came to rescue

A balloon on my forehead
    I thought fiction is not my cup of horlicks, until this one

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Very many congratulations Strangerrr, for reaching that first 50 milestone.
    I am sure that you will score a century.

Your blogs were different and most of them had a fresh thought which we loved.
    And I am not convinced when you say that you are a tail-ender. You are the allrounder buddy. Apply yourself more when you could find time.

And ALL THE BEST. [from a blogger who began just earlier than you and still roaming for the destination]. -rgs

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Strangerrr,

After a long time I visited the blog section and found your 50th post. My hearty congratulations to you. We all go through the struggle you have described in your blog. English is a second language for all of us.

We all are traveling in IL train together. It is the diversity of thoughts coming from different people that makes this place so interesting. Sometimes, content of the blog dominate the mind of the readers while other times, it is the language skills that occupy the mind of the readers.

The writers and readers together make this a great place. They actually run that 22 yards from each direction to make it very interesting. Your century is not far off and you keep getting those quick singles and strike those wonderful 4s and 6s every now and then, you will soon be looking at your century.

Viswa

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bro,

Congrats!! very happy and proud of you for having achieved your fifty and am confident that I will see you taking a grand bow for your first, double and triple centuries to come.

I have always enjoyed your blogs and your style of writing dear! way to go:thumbsup

May He shower his blessings on you!!

Akila

5. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions through out & for being part of making this possible.

And very many thanks for your wishes, rgs :)

6. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

I always felt honoured to receive your feedback (must say those are more than just fb) & its my delight to receive your comment here!

Many thanks, viswa :)

7. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

I should say 2 things here:

1. I never failed to feel proud, whenever you used the word.
    2. Its coz of motivation like these, which brought me until here.

Many thanks for your constant support and continuous motivation, Akila mani :)

8. applevaio

applevaio Silver IL'ite

Congrats for your 50th blog.. Keep rocking !!!

9. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Thanks for encouraging me with your frequent 'likes' and rare 'comments', applevaio :)