hello

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by manisha.sanjay, Feb 17, 2008.

1. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

hi i m in my 14 weeks now.i m suffering frm cold n cough.i m taking ayurvedic medicines frm 3-4 days but no improvement. i m afraid of taking any other medicine.i m not able to sleep due to coughing n it also give pain in stomach.i just want to ask does coughing causes any harm to baby .
    thanku

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hi manisha, as far my experience goes it doesn't harm the baby. around the same stage as yours i had severe cough n cold for about a month. for cough gorgle regularly salt water and also do inhalation (with a drop of eucalyptus oil). it really helps. also i drank hot milk with a bit of haldi and honey at bed time and it helped me have a good sleep. my mom said black pepper powder added to the same removes phlegm. latha

3. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

hi latha,
    thanku for ur quick reply.i will try what u said.
    thanku so much

4. Pia

Pia New IL'ite

Hi Manisha,

First of all,Congratulations for your pregnancy.Is it your first baby?I don't know the effect of coughing on baby.It is better that you ask the midwife about it.U can try out:

In a teaspoon, ghee with pepper.Warm it up and suck it little bit in the night.That will give you some rest in the night.
    Do let me know if it helped or not!!

Pia