Hello to July 2008 Nominees !!!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ssubhasr, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Sorry abt your grandmother Shuba....I know how you would have felt, but do not worry i will let you know what all my patti and my husband's patti tells me...I was talking abt my husband's patti (Patti-in-law). Though my patti also suggested the same....

They asked me not to get any thing before the kid is born (bcoz thats what we do back home (in India)) ...So I and DH thought we can list out all the things that we need for the baby and will register with "Babies R US". In "Babies R US" when you register and give them a list, they give you back a registeration number or something. With that you can call them once the baby is born and ask them to get all the things ready. Someone can go with that number and get the things that you have listed.

This is what my one of my friend told me, so i am planning to do the same..I am right now enquiring more about this procedure...Do let me know in case if you happen to know any thing abt this....

Shuba good luch for your coming visit, do let me know what the doctor said on that visit, some special tip or something...I know your little one is doing great and the doctor would tell you that you and the baby are normal...Know what I went for the glucose test today (the one done to detect Gestational diabetes), waiting for the results to come, hope and wish the outcome is good..From now on the doctor had asked me to come every two weeks for the check up.....

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Subha,

Actually in our country, there is custom that they don't buy things in prior to delivery. It has lot of meaning i believe.

Again when coming to here, many of our Indians even buy things prior to delivery, as they can't go after delivery for selecting.

If you ask me, i say you can wait, because last time though i was in India, i got dress and all stuff needed till 3rd month prior(2weeks before)..then many of my relatives told, why did you buy things early?

So don't worry, here they give you things for you and kid needed in hospital itself, so as you have vehicle, your hubby can go and purchase things in that days .

Just fewdays, then we can join in shopping for your kid pa.

3. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri
    Thank you....
    Gestational Diabetic test got over...They din say anything negative about my health & baby's health....Jus waiting for the result. My next check up is on May6th...they din ask me to come every two weeks.....y this difference ?

4. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Usha
    Happy to hear your voice pa...
    I too heard that....my mom has given some baby dresses to MIL which she will be bringing here....and some kaappu for me & baby (some sort of bangle)....thats all we have purchased so far for the baby....My mom purchased many things for me (some nursing dresses) rather than for my baby...
    Talk to you soon....!

5. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Hey Shuba how are you dear? sorry couldnt reply immdly...was busy with work last week....In your next visit , your doctor might ask you to come henceforth on a biweekly pattern...my doc said after the 28th week you will be asked to visit every two weeks...we are getting closer na , thats y....so how are you and the baby?

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri
    Fine here pa!!!

Yesterday , the whole night i think my baby was awake and din allow me sleep....was keep on kicking and moving....was soo amazed and happy !!!! what a nice feeling !!!! very nice kicks !!! no words to explain !!!

Is your blood group contains RH factor ?

7. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Thats wonderful to know dear...Even I feel a sense of contentment when the baby kicks, you feel much better when you realise that your little one is fine and is up on her catchy little routine...have fun Shuba...I know its hard to sleep nowadays with the baby kicking during nights...I too face the same things, but am happy to feel that she is safe and sound there....I dont have RH factor...both of us have a + blood group....what abt you?

8. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri

Mine have a RH factor and my hubby is +ve. So need to take Rhogam injection after my 28 weeks...i dont knw much abt that...have started a thread in pregancy forum...need to get more info

9. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Hey Shuba how are you doing today? read your post regarding Rhogam injection, I've heard about this from my frnds residing in India, but as you had mentioned they use this injection only for second delivery...I guess doctors here in US are being careful that they advise this even during first delivery...Your doctor knows what is best for you dear...anyways get to know more about this before your next visit, so that you can get all your points answered by your doctor..I will also try to get some info regarding this...Take care...

10. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri

Fine here....How r u & ur baby ? Yeah! am jus colleting informations regarding Rhogam injection. My dad also told about that, as mom's blood has RH factor...and she had this injection when she gave birht to my younger brother....
    You are correct and I believe the doctors here.....
    Hope for good always !!!!