Hello October 2008 Mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Vnbaby, Feb 26, 2008.

1. smoothie

smoothie Junior IL'ite

Hi Vnbaby, how is your toothache? Hope it got better. I found out I'm allergic to pollen so I'm sitting in the house without going anywhere. I'm using lot of medication which makes me feel guilty though. Take care.

Hi Chitti, congrats on your pregnancy we are close. I'm feeling better now with antibiotics. I told my mom to come in Aug. Did you find out your baby's gender?

2. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Smoothies,
    Thanks for ur wishes... its gud tht you are feeling better now.
    Still i did not found baby's gender yet.
    I have an appointment on June-9th for ultra sound. so once i get the news i will update in the forum.
    what about your baby's gender?did you find yours?

see, now i entered into 18th week, still i am not feeling any kinda baby movements atleast little bit i am not feeling anything...so i am not sure when i will start feeling baby movements? i am waiting for that....

Waiting and waiting....

what about you. how are you are experiencing your baby movements (or) any feelings etc?

Cheers,
    Chitti.

3. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,
    I am not sure whether am i taking suffucient nutrition food on daily basis or not?:confused2: What about you all.... what is your regular daily food intake, what kinda foods you guys are taking daily....
    Are you all checking each day whether you are taking all nutrition food, how you guys can know for sure you are taking right food daily..
    i am confused with my food intake bonk, taking fruits, vegetable daily what kinda foods,veg etc you are taking daily (or) what's ur daily food time table...
    please ladies, discuss each one of your thoughts etc, so that we could all help each other whether are we all going in right way...:roll:

I am eagerly waiting for all your replies.....

- Chitti....

4. smoothie

smoothie Junior IL'ite

My ultrasound is scheduled on june 4th hoping for a girl though. As for the food anything except junk food is considered nutritious I think. Well since I'm having sinus headaches everyday I'm not able to care of what I eat. I'm having 2 cups milk, two fruits and orange juice. To make sure of veggies I'm drinking V8. Everything else is the same. My doctor said I will start feeling baby's kicks in 3 weeks so don't worry now. I'm not even showing up which really makes me sad :hide:

5. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Sri!!

A warm welcome to :welcome October mommies club and congratulations for your pregnancy. My EDD is 11th October and now in my 19th week.

You are one of lucky mom's to be who do not feel nausea/fatigue and other bad symptoms of pregnancy during first trimester. I am jealous of you for that ;-). Just Kidding!!

I can understand very well that how much you must be working in office because I used to be a working woman 1 year back and telling you I had to work like a donkey. But I enjoy working Computer Typing as it keeps me busy. But at this stage when I am pregnant I just cant even think of exhausting myself that much as I was having nausea/weakness till 4th month. I just have started feeling better since 2-3 days only.

Dont worry about anything(job or pregnancy) specially now, just have faith in God he is there to help us all even when nobody is there. Everything will be fine. Its good you have joined, here we can discuss all our problems, worries, excitements and what not after all we are(hopefully) going to deliver in the same month :banana. Believe me not only club members everybody here on IL is so helping and caring.

Keep us posted about yourself.
    Take care
    V n baby

6. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends!!

I am so very happy to see that club is getting more alive with more members joining in. Welcome all October and other months moms to be Bow.

Thanks Lavanya, Chittidallas and Smoothie for your concern. I am feeling better now toothache has subsided without visiting a dentist bonk. Actually took an appointment also but when the day arrived I was already feeling better so didnt visited him because didnt want to take medicines uselessly. I know some medicines are considered safe during pregnancy but I just dont want to take the risk. Smoothie its Ok if you are taking medicines after consulting your OB/GYN because you cant fight your allergy without medicines and I think it can be a problem if you wont take medicines.

Ok now about my pregnancy. My 19th week is going on. We(me and DH) has decided to keep baby's gender a surprise :shhh: for the last moment so we are not going for a scan. I am also not feeling any baby movements though eagerly waiting for it and trying really really hard to feel atleast something, at least some tiny mini movement. But everybody(family and friends including GYN) is saying I will start feeling my little monkey's movements around 21-22 weeks or later. I am showing up very little bit that only I can tell :whistle. People say, usually first time moms dont show much during 2nd trimester.

As far as food and nutrition is concerned I am not calculating at all because I am now so happy :mrgreen: that at least I am able to eat after my nausea is subsided. But yeah I am having fruits(2 numbers), glass of milk(with haldiram's thandai which makes its taste better) and regular north Indian food daily. Slowly will increase my diet that has reduced to 1/3 due to nausea :roll:. I am not taking juices regularly because I dont think they are as nutritious as fresh fruit juices which I am planning to take daily once I reach India in the end of June.

Take care
    V n baby

7. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Thanks to Vnbaby and Smoothie for your suggestions.....
    Yes i am also taking orange juice and milk daily.... only thing is fruits...
    Usually before preg, i used to eat only certail fruits like apples, grapes, carrots, strawberries, watermelon ... few little choices...
    now i started to eat pears, first few days i liked it but now again i hate that...
    even though here v get lot of fruits, i am not one of the person who atleast try those...
    i did not wanted to try kiwi, plums etc etc.....

now apple also i am not able to eat..... the only fruits now i could is water melon, strawberries,grapes and carrots... tht's all..
    how to improve fruit intake, i dnt know.....

my DH, mom saying tht eat apples...hmmmm becoming difficult to eat apples also...
    i dnt know how to make myself like to eat fruits ...

do u guys kinda like to eat lot of fruits?

Chitti.

8. smoothie

smoothie Junior IL'ite

Hi chitti, the only things I could eat well are fruits. Did you ever try cantaloupe it tastes good. Try eating different variety of fruits all the time like plums, tangerines, mangoes, bananas, honeydew.... at least these are the ones I eat and they taste good.

9. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Thanks Smoothie for your response and suggestion. Let me try the ones that you said..... hope i vl find them tasty....

Thanks,
    Chitti.

10. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Smoothie and Chitti!!

How are you and baby doing? Hey chitti its good that you are so concious about nutrition and diet at this time. I think I am still not taking enough nutritions. I do not take fruits or milk regularly I take them only when I feel like which is after every 1-2 days which makes me worried sometimes :-(. I am normally not a food lover but I used to relish fruits. So now when its time to eat properly I am finding it really difficult to eat at least 6 times a day and to calculate nutrition intake and all. I cant eat so much even not 6 small mealsbonk.

I visited my OB/GYN on Monday. I gained weight(5 lbs) this time so I am now really happy :) because I lost around 5 kgs in last 4 months but her assistant told me that I should not gain 5 lbs every month because this much weight gain is possible by taking more carbs only. She said if I take carbs and not protein it will increase my body weight and baby will get only some fat but not the protein which is really essential for its muscle developement. Now the problem is I am a vegetarian/eggatarian. When I searched on net I found that a pregnant women should take 60g of proteins daily. I am taking two eggs daily which gives me 12g. And I am not taking any pulses(rich in protein) these days its one of my food aversions so I dont know :confused2: what should I eat to give my body enough protein.

So this is new problem on my end what about you both. Smoothie can you tell me does honeydew taste like cantaloupe? I like cantaloupe but never tried honeydew melon. Last time I wanted to buy honeydew but when I saw its seeds they look like pumpkin seeds :eek to me so I got little skeptic about its tastes so didnt buy.

So are you feeling some baby moves now. I sometimes feel some ticklish movement in my womb but I am not sure if they are really baby moves or gas as I am having gastric problems also. Post about your experiences these days I am eager to know :spin.

Take care
    V n baby