Hello October 2008 Mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Vnbaby, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vnbaby,

That was a really bad experience u had at the USD,i dont know y he was so rude.One more thing didnt u get ur USD done between 18-20th week? Here they do it and my doctor said that was an important scan.Dont worry,just forget that experience.
    Even we have bought baby clothes,baby detergent,wash cloth,travel system,few of my things.We have to get baby blanket as DH did not like any design.He has liiked one at Target and we will buy that.After that we will wash all baby stuff and bag will become ready then.

My USD went fine,coud see the baby and it was sleeping this time.It measures ok and they did not meddle with my due date.
    When are u calling ur in laws to join u here.My mother will be here next week,cant just wait,so excited.

Gud luck with everything.
    Hi to all other Oct mommies,

suji

2. Mridhu

Mridhu Silver IL'ite

Hi,

My EDD is Oct 31 and I have 8 weeks to go.......

How are you all doing? Working mom's - when do you plan to take off....

My parents are going to be here this week and that relieves me quite a bit...

How are regular check-ups going?

3. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Hi Frens,
    How are you all doing?
    Now that we are all nearing the D Day, are you all excited?
    I am excited very much, but sometimes nervous when I think about the labor. That too i become nervous only in the nights, when I get up to use the rest room. When I get up and try to sit in the bed or try to walk to the restroom, I get severe pain in the pelvic region and it becomes very difficult to walk witouht holding something...everytime I get the pain, I just think what if I go into labor today and I get scared immediately.

I just completed my 35 weeks and from 37 to 40 weeks anytime the baby might be born...Wow...we are all so close to the day

My ultrasound is this friday, I am waiting for the Ultrasound to check if my baby is head down and in the correct position. Also eager to know the height and weight of the baby. In the last 2 weeks I suddenly put on lot of weight. so need to check with my OB-GYN if everything is normal. Also I am experiencing some swelling in my feet from the last week. Is anybody experiencing swelling in hands or feet?

Is anybody dilated yet? and has ur baby dropped down? I heard the baby will drop down into the birthing position a few weeks before the delivery.

VnBaby,
    Sorry to know that u were not able to see ur baby properly during the ultrasound...but dont worry u can see ur kutty in just one more months time and thenafter he/she will be near u all the time...So just keep thinking of those moments. So how is ur cold? Hope u get weel soon from the cold...And ur EDD is moved before by 1 or 1 & haf weeks is it?

I am yet to do all the baby shopping and I am yet to pack the pregnancy bag for labor and delivery. Now that my mom is here, I have some time this whole week and week-end to do all the shopping.

Cheers,
    Meena

May god bless us all with healthy babies

4. Sri09

Sri09 Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

We all are in the same boat. Even I am experiencing pain in the pelvic region. My Ultrasound was okay. They just measured the size and estimated the weight. The whole pregnancy I did not put up much wait but the baby weight is okay. The nurse tried to take a picture but the baby tilted her head and did not allow.

Meena, I found out about the FMLA. For us, it is a different procedure. Whatever Sick leave or Vacation I have will be counted. They said they will give me 6 weeks (maximum 8 weeks for ceasarian). More than that they dont allow. Fortunately, I saved 5 weeks sick leave and 6 weeks vacation (but eligible for maximum 8 wks).

I applied for day care but this baby is in waiting list. I found one Indian lady to take care of my baby till then. So, baby will go to her school in 6-8 weeks and I will go to my office.

V n baby and Suji: so already you bought the dresses and other things. After reading this, I went to shopping and bought the blankets, dresses. I need to get the diapers, bathing material and other things.

Other mommies, what is up and how is the baby? How about the movements, kicks?

Sri

5. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Sri,

Even I enquired about the leave here and in my company there is no separate sick leave and vacation. Totally we have 10 days of vacation leave per year (whether it is personal, sick or vacation leave). So I just have 4 more days of leave left. But according to the state law I am eligible for 6 weeks (8 weeks for C-Section) of leave after delivery and after that I can take FMLA leave which is 12 weeks for us. So I got totally 18 weeks of leave(LOP though, but i dont mind since its time taken for my baby). and after that my mom or MIL will be here to take care of the baby for a few months.

And regarding the kicks...they are stronger these days, since there is not so much space for the baby to move around, but it is trying to stretch and kick all the time.

Cheers,
    Meena

May god bless us all with healthy babies

6. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Fellow mommies!!

So everybody is excited and scared/nervous at the same time :hide:. I am also having same feelings these days infact since 3-4 days I was feeling like my baby can come early. Actually one of our friends visited us last weekend after noticing my belly she said I think your belly is sagging now so you should be prepared, pack your bag, finish your shopping, etc. and just be ready, your baby might arrive early. Though she was right that I should be prepared as this is 9th month but she scared me totally and funny part of it I started having stronger cramps:rotfl. I told my husband that these cramps are psychological this time because I am also convinced(thanks to that friend) that my baby can arrive early but he didnt believe me and was also a bit nervous because my in-laws are yet to appear in visa interview in India. Anyways I had my routine checkup yesterday my doctor did a pelvic/internal exam, everything is intact till now ;-) and she took a sample to test for Strep-B also. She said they will continue with my previous EDD which is 8th oct according to LMP and 11th according to first USD. But I really really want my baby to come in Oct specially on 11th as it is also my DHs b'day so it will be a lifetime, precious gift to him.

Suji, no I didnt get USD done except this last one and the very first(6 weeks) one because I was planning to visit India for delivery so my doctor didnt go for it. But I really wanted to see my baby in the womb however I know that it will be there in my arms in some weeks...but even then :-(...

Meena, the pains I am having during my visits to toilet in the night, are not like pelvic pain infact they are more like menstrual cramps but they are way milder than my menstrual cramps. And I dont know why I am having them more in the nights, during daytime I feel them but intensity is low. And you know what after yesterdays visit and having assured by Gyn I am not having much cramps in the night also Big Laugh. Now I know what a culprit our mind is.

I am also having backache along with pelvic pains and cramps, so altogether my condition is pathetic as I am having problem in breathing, difficulty in walking, bending down, standing/sitting for long time, dont feel like eating anything its just the hunger which makes me eat something otherwise I just dont feel like, and what not Rant. What about you all are you also experiencing same.

These days I am getting eager to see my little one, waiting is irritating now but I know I have to keep this baby inside me for another 4 weeks :bang.

Yesterday I took out all the tags from the baby stuff so that I can wash and pack them for the hospital. You wont believe it took 1 and half hours just to cut all those tags and take out all those plastic wire kinda stuff which they use to hang tags but I enjoyed doing it and imagining my baby in so little and cute dresses :2thumbsup:. I never knew that I will feel this way before getting pregnant because I never liked babies bonk. Tonight we shall wash them and tomorrow I shall pack at least baby's bag.

Chittidallas, Smoothie, dreamscometrue, hey guys wake up and update us about yourself.

Take care
    V n baby

7. Mridhu

Mridhu Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Just wanted to update you all that I had decided to stay in US to have the baby & my parents flew in yesterday. I still have 7 more weeks to go for the EDD.

Mridhu

8. Indiramaha

Indiramaha New IL'ite

New to October due date club

Hi friends,

I am indira from chennai-India. This my second child. my due date is on November 1st. First child was through ceasarean, i think second also will be ceasarean as the doctor informed me. i am working, planning to take leave from 13th october. it is my 32nd week, i had my scan in 30th week and baby is fine, its weight is 1.4kg. I was very happy to read all the thread which was posted and was interesting and useful.

Indira

9. Indiramaha

Indiramaha New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am indira from chennai-India. This my second child. my due date is on November 1st. First child was through ceasarean, i think second also will be ceasarean as the doctor informed me. i am working, planning to take leave from 13th october. it is my 32nd week, i had my scan in 30th week and baby is fine, its weight is 1.4kg. I was very happy to read all the thread which was posted and was interesting and useful.

10. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends!!

Mridhu, good to hear that you are staying here in US and your parents are visiting you soon. When are you taking leave from your office?

Indira you are welcome to October mommies club. Wow, you are handelling your elder kid, your pregnancy, job and home as well. You have a great stamina friend :hatsoff. Cant you try for a normal delivery have you talked to your doctor about it?

Yesterday I visited my doctor, I am visiting her every week now. Strep-B test result is negative and its a big relief :yes: because I dont want to take any antibiotic now when I suffered a lot to keep my pregnancy totally drug-free. After checking my belly she said your belly is getting tighter so I think your baby might arrive early. It was shocking for both of us because last week she said after doing internal exam that everything seems fine to her and there is no chance baby can arrive early. Uffff....I dont know what is going to happen. But I dont want to be a september mommy(no offense september mommies its just my wish) Well my In-laws visa is approved so now we're trying to get the tickets as soon as possible.

October mommies how things are going at your end I am curious to know. Update us and make this club alive.

May we all have safe delivery and healthy baby.

Take care
    V n baby