1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Hello ladies, Any body from Long Island,NY ???

Discussion in 'Indians in Long Island' started by Kartikiran, Oct 30, 2010.

1. JASIKA

JASIKA Bronze IL'ite

Hey Anu, in terms of schools...Sachem district (Eastern Long Island) is good, Hauppauge & Huntington school district is also good. Rent ranges from $1200 to $2000 a month depending on location and number of bedrooms/bathrooms you are looking for. Also, if you rent in a community then it is bit higher compared to renting at someone's house. There are lot of indians in Queens too but i am not familiar to that area.

1 person likes this.
  2. JASIKA

JASIKA Bronze IL'ite

Where in long island you are looking for apartments?

3. JASIKA

JASIKA Bronze IL'ite

Hi Proud Indian,

I live near you i guess... Exit 62 of LIE

4. JASIKA

JASIKA Bronze IL'ite

I live at Exit 62 of LIE too...I am north Indian

5. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Hello All

I moved from there last year.

6. anu16

anu16 New IL'ite

Thank you so much forthe info, Jasika! You are right.. all the research on rentals did show houses being cheaper than the community rental units (comparitively).. In terms of location, we wanted to be clsoer to the city and not too far from my workplace (Islandia)..as I can work from home a few days / week if needed. Some suggested Herricks school district -- New Hyde Park and the surrounding areas.. Do you know about that area? There seems to be a Young Indian Cultural Group that conducts classes like dance / Music / Yoga / Hindi etc.. in the Herricks Middle school.. I assume then there should be a fairly large Indian Population there? Any ideas?

7. anu16

anu16 New IL'ite

Right now we are thinking New Hyde Park and surrounding areas of Herricks School district? This is all based on Internet research :) not any first hand info from people yet.. So this might change.. But at least as of now this is where we are looking.. This place being 35 mins frm the city and 35 - 40 mins from my work... and looks like fairly large Indian population as the school district shows 47% asian kids.. Let me know if you have any thoughts on this area / school district.. or know someone who lives near that area.. Thanks much again for all your help! I will be sure to meet you :) once we land there!

8. jaggavarapu

jaggavarapu New IL'ite

Hi Anu,
    Did you move to Long Island?

My husband got a job in Melville, we are planning to move to Long Island in April. Could you suggest any apartment community near Hicksville.

Thanks,
    Sindhu

9. aditigirish

aditigirish New IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

How r u??? Where is your husband working in Melville. My Husband also works in melville. we are staying in west babylon.

thanks
    rashmi

10. nisha43

nisha43 New IL'ite

hi i m also planning to move into hicksville newyork . can u pls suggest me about apartments for rent there