1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hello Everybody - New here

Discussion in 'Infants' started by pray2god, Aug 2, 2010.

1. pray2god

pray2god Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My name is Uma and I had my baby last friday by c-section. I am new to this forum but have been with Indusladies for a while. Unfortunately i developed a bladder infection from the C-section and the medicine my OB-gyn put me on is not safe for breastfeeding. So I have stopped BF for a week till the medication gets over and feeding her formula instead. I am keeping up the supply by pumping and dumping the milk every 2 hrs.
    Waiting for friday where my medications get completed and I get back to breast feeding.

Hoping to see a LC in case I have latchin issues after a week gap. My daughter is 10 days old.

Hoping to get to know you all..

2. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Welcome Uma..Congratulations on having a new addition to your family...I am so sorry that you got a infection an had to stop breastfeeding..Don't worry Uma...

When my DS was born, he was in NICU for 10 days..I did not breastfeed him for the first 10 days of his life..After we got him home, I saw an LC who helped me latch DS...And when DS was 7 months old, I had an UTI and was on antibiotics which were not safe for breastfeeding. So even I pumped and dumped breastmilk. I know how horrible to feels to pump and dump...But it's only a matter of few days...

So don't worry...Definitely see an LC if you have latch problems..Definitely post here is you have any specific questions..

Welcome again.

3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Uma - welcome!!Congrtaes on the new arrival.
    oh bumping every 2 hours, I know how it difficult during the initial days.Anyway this is just for few days only.So dont worry.As sudha said you could post any of your doubts here.just go head....

All the best.....:thumbsup

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Welcome here Uma:) I'm sure you and your LO will have no issues with re-latching. take care of yourself. i hope the infection isn't causing any pain. how is the sleeping going?

Latha

5. pray2god

pray2god Senior IL'ite

Thanks everybody.. I am finding it very difficult to pump and dump the BM. But it is only for a few more days..

I posted a question in BF forum but wanted to get ideas on how to manage sore nipples when excl pumping.. ?

6. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Uma,
    Apply Lansinoh cream to your nipples just before you pump and after you pump. That will reduce the friction caused by the pump. Lansinoh cream is also safe wile breastfeeding. So whenever you latch your LO if you happen to have cracked nipples then you can still apply this cream.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010