Heavy Whipping Cream

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by babycorn, Apr 16, 2011.

1. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I have got heavy whipping cream by mistake instead of milk.what can do with it?I dont make soups/pasta.can I use it for regular coffee/tea/curd?It seems to be expensive and I dont have heart to waste it

2. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

You can whip it to make nice topping for fruit dessert, pound cake etc. I use whipping cream for hot chocolate - very indulgent but also very yummy. You could put it in coffee but it will be very very creamy and you will need a lot of coffee to make it a nice capucino.

If you whip it long enough, you can get butter out of it - it is very yummy and tastes so home made!!!! The whey, you could use in dhal and it will be good too.

3. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot DNM:thumbsupI just made coffee out of it and It was yucky:bonkHow to make butter?can you please explain it.butter option seems to be good for me.I will make ghee from that later.

4. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

You have to churn it enough to get butter. I suggest putting it in the Mixer and using the whip option. You will probably have to have it on for a long time - same if you are churning or using a hand held blender....eventually the butter will come up at the top.

You could use the cream for making sabzis and dhals richer - Makhni style. Make sure you add it only in the end and switch off the stove immediately.

If you use Khoya for sweet here is a nice recipe I found a while back:

http://www.grouprecipes.com/88280/homemade-khoya-for-indian-recipes.html

Also you could use the cream in making kheer. You hafta mix it with a little bit of milk and allow it come to a boil slowly in a thick bottomed pan else it will burn in the bottom. If you add cooked sticky rice, saffron and sugar after 15 minutes of boiling and allow it to simmer for 10 more minutes it comes out very well.

5. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

you can make mango fruit custard.

1 cn-mango pulp
    1 cn cocktail fruits(don't use syrup)
    1- whipping crm
    sugar-optional

mix all above ingredients.

6. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Thanks DNM for the inputs.It was extremely helpful.I made it as a payasam and relished it as per your instructions:bowdown

7. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Super! I am glad.

8. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

DNM seems to have so many handy tips.Great DNM. I believe, you can deal with any tough situation.