1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Heavy Bleeding And Iron Deficiency. Any Suggestions For Disposable Underwear Pads?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by gknew, Nov 24, 2023.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I have noticed heavy bleeding for last few years. It started after I had a miscarriage few years ago. I used to have normal flow periods before that.
    I went to my Dr and she did iron panel. It came out low and also found that I have a genetic condition in which I have small size red blood cells. Did a culture of that blood panel to find the specific variant.
    Dr said I might be anemic because of this genetic condition. There is no treatment for this.
    I have heavy flow periods and I am using Maxi overnight pads throughout my cycle I use two to three pads stack it up on each other everytime.
    I heard about disposable underwear pads. Never tried one yet. Does anyone use this disposable underwear pads for your period cycle?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I have this issue in perimenopause. I also have a lot of fibroids. I use Always overnight maxi pads, regular underwear and then on top of that I put on period underwear, either Thinx or Bambody brand. I also change pads every hour during the heavy flow days. I still get leaks so I try my best not to go anywhere on those days. And I taken Vitron C every day to keep my iron levels up.
    If you have a chronic condition you can ask your doctor about iron infusions. They won’t upset your stomach like regular iron supplements.

gknew likes this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

My Dr prescribed be the ferrous sulphate iron supplements 300mg to take everyday.
    Is vitron C an over the counter one?

She didn't tell me anything about iron infusions. I just checked my iron levels over the years and looks like I am low on iron for the last few years ever since I first did iron panel.

I have heavy flow for the first 3 days in each cycle. I have to change pads very often and I use always overnight maxi doubled up throughout the day and night.

I am not sure if I am in perimenopause. I am 38 and having this heavy flow periods for the last 5 years. I had an miscarriage before 5 years and noticing this changes in the period cycle since then.
    Is low iron level related to this? My ferritin is ok but iron and iron saturation levels are very low.

4. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

OP google for Medical medium anthony williams. It helped many women to resolve many different issues to resolve by eating natural plant based diet.

gknew likes this.
  5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Ohh ok. Haven't heard of it before. Will check it out. I feel so anemic and need to increase my iron counts.

6. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Try natural foods like dates, spinach etc

My doctor suggested polysaccharide-iron Complex or Iron sucrose( usually given as injection)than iron sulphate form as it cause constipation. I used to take slow release iron. That helped me too.

FERREX-150-CAPS

For unmanageable bleeding, consult OBY. They may give birth control pills or discuss other methods. Eat nutrient rich foods rich in Vitamin C, iron etc to help with it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023