Heart says you are young, but body says you are old

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by iyerviji, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji mami, very interesting point to be noted by all of us.
    We think that we are still young and jump around and gallivant when we travel but the body does not think so.........all the aches and pains reach us and remind us in the night when we go to bed and start applying the balm !!

2. tetania

tetania New IL'ite

Hi Viji..Like your tag line
    Marriage is a necessity
    Different roles of a woman
    But why is it that we can't convince young girls of today to get married(sorry to take you away from your topic)
    When I start with my 2 daughters on this topic they turn around and ask me "Whats so great about it" look at my friends they are either divorced after a child or on the way there they further add.
    I have brought good proposals to them but they say there is no chemistry..
    The 28 yr old who does Stem Cell Research says "you don't even know what kind of infections these guys carry"
    I see my friends having a good time with their grandchildren and wonder when will my time come..
    At times I wonder if I had been too strict with them by not allowing them to party out..
    (sigh) any ideas Viji or other IL's on how to deal with my girls
    Tetania

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

If we take good care of our health when we are young then in old age we need not suffer. But now a days due to sitting for a long time in the chair while working in office woman get back pain .

love
    viji

4. Reflection

Reflection New IL'ite

Hi, I think it's your mind that tells you you're old. The body only tells you, that you are not feeling well. There are young people in wheelchairs, with different kinds of health issues. It's also the society that tells you to identify with your age. The problem with old people is not their age, it's their mentality. You are what you think you are, not more, not less.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Reflection and Satchi

Thanks for the fb and for conveying your views