1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy Substitutes for Junk Food We Crave

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by ChennaiExpress, Sep 27, 2014.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

During cycles, pregnancies, etc, we crave all sorts of junk food, i.e. Ramen Noodles, Thomas English Muffin with Butter, Chocolates.

I'd like to start a thread where we share our healthy food substitutions to quiet our junk food cravings.....

2 people like this.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

CE,
    Nice thread! I used pregnancy as an excuse to pig out so I'm not the right person to talk about substitution. I still remember eating a big death by chocolate at least twice a week throughout my pregnancy with my son(sometimes three/four times a week)!

That said, I can control my cravings and mood swings with rigorous exercise.

I can also control intense sugar cravings by eating enough of proteins all day long, taking snacks such as nuts etc around 4pm when I generally feel that energy crash.

I also am less prone to eating sweets if I eat some fruits after my dinner. Although I've read that fruits after 6 PM isn't healthy,I'd rather eat an apple over a chocolatey something!

I think it's fine to eat everything that you like to eat but in moderation. Instead of eating an entire bar of chocolate, take one cube. If that bar is too tempting, buy only a small one time edible size and finish it off. Don't let it linger in the fridge.

Hth,
    L

3. Ree008

Ree008 New IL'ite

Salads, Sandwiches, Millet recipes, baked snacks.

4. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Ahhhhhhh chocolates!!!!!

You know what I do. I make hot-cocoa with 100% pure cocoa (real bitter stuff), spoon of honey, pinch of ground cinnamon, and pour boiling milk over and mix ..... it helps keep me away from the processed dark chocolate candies on a daily basis.