1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy cooking secrets :)

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by krishnaamma, Nov 21, 2008.

1. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

DEAR KRISHNAMMA,:thankyou2:

THANKS FOR UR VALUABLE TIPS ,TO MY SURPRISE I AM FOLLOWING ALMOST ALL THE TIPS AND I NEVER OBSERVED ,ONE THING IAM NOT FOLLOWING IS NOT EATING FRUITS.:-(....WHICH I KNOW FROM LONG TIME IS WRONG ,WHAT I DO IS, I SERVE EVERYONE AVOIDING MYSELF WHICH IS WRONG ,ILL TRY TAKE THEM ..
    I DIDNT UNDERSTAND ONE TIP OF FREEZING STOCKS ,STEWS AND REDUCING FAT FROM THEM ,CAN U PLS EXPLAIN FOR ME??
    I NEVER MAKE HOLES FOR POTATO ,I WASH THEM AND KEEP DIRECTLY IN MV AND CHECK FOR EVERY2 TO3 MIN WITH FORK ,REMOVE AND PUT IN COLD WATER.

REGARDING SHANTI'S TIP ,IT SOUNDS GOOD ,AS U GOT DOUBT,EVEN I WANT TO KNOW ...IE AFTER KEEPING RAW ONION INOVEN FOR 20 MIN REMOVE GRIND AND KEEP IN FREEZER AND PUT LITTLE QYT directly in hot oil WHEN IN USE.....IS THIS THE WAY TO FOLLOW HER TIP??

THANKS AND REGARDS,
    SHASHI.

2. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for Sharing Krishnaamma...

3. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Alot Krishnaamma :D

4. likemychai

likemychai New IL'ite

Dear Krishnaamma, you write well!
    Plus your topic is excellent - the tips are very good and we all will benefit from them. I hope you will post more.
    Also, if you happen to have any tips on uses for ragi (other than mudde or dosa), please do share those as well? I want to use it in more dishes but don't know what else to try. Am experimenting as it is good for health.

5. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vahee,

you very much liked this blog I think that is why you replied twice.Big Laugh

Just kidding ya. :thumbsup

6. krishnaamma

Dear shashi,

good to see your post. You have to take lots of fruits and raw veg. to be healthy. "better late than never" correct? so start from today.

Regarding storing stock or soup, when you store these items in the freezer, the fat in that, i.e. the oil or ghee will remain on the top of the frozen soup. so when you need that again, before heating them you can easily remove the fat ( frozen oil or ghee) from that and after that you can reheat them. By this you can reduce the fat intake. How is it? (read this like Rajini kanth or Shiranjeeve)Big Laugh
    I hope now it is clear toyou.

Regarding potato, I wont keep full potato in MW. because some time it may bust. so we have to make holes or cut and keep them in MW. that is always safe.

7. krishnaamma

Hi marrgg and antu,

thanks for stepping in .

8. krishnaamma

Hi likemychai,

Thanks for your sweet complements. sure I will write about 'ragi' ( do you prepare 'ragi adai', kanji or pakoda?) almost you can do all the things in 'ragi flour' like 'rice flour' . that is whatever you are preparing by rice flour you can replace the rice flour and you can use ragi flour and make that dish. try let me also put some recipes in my sub forum. ( you know my sub forum na?)

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Krishnaamma can you give some suggestions how to use fenugreek and when to use and its benefits. Thankyou.

10. krishnaamma

sure AC,

sure I will write some more benefits due to intake of Fenugreek seeds. I think you know about taking it in the morning. let me write more in near future.:)