1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Healthcare Technology

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Vishwa sir,
    Wish you a very speedy recovery. Good to see you back in the forum.
    Yeah healthcare technology has advanced a lot and i am amazed at how the technology is helping people to recover fast and also minimum invasive procedures .

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

there are so many mind blowing discoveries that are coming in the medical field, the other day i saw the worlds first artificial womb facility where we can customize and design the baby with all the specifications we want in a baby..we will be so amazed at what is yet to come..

May God touch you and heal your thoroughly and help you to pass thru this phase sir...:thumbup::thumbup:

3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shri Viswa,
    Wishing you a very fast recovery. I think, they do not tell everything, though they know what can and can not happen. That is possibly the reason they get us to sign a contract.
    I am sure you are in safe hands.
    PS: Thanks for commenting on my post from your sick bed.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Sridhar
    It pains me to hear of your illness and I am relieved to know that you are well on your way to complete recovery.
    Please do take care and follow all your medicinal routine without fail.
    Sri

5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

Wish you speedy recovery.

In chennai many men have this problem.But very few undergo surgery, They say that

the swelling gets reduced by applying KAZHARCHIKKAI powder that is available in mooligai shops.This is a traditional treatment suggested for long.

I think unless the disorder repeats, normally they dont get surgery.

Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

XDear VCiswa hope you are getting better, Medical technology is truly amazing (and expensive) In a feveloping country like India very few people can afford it. Heal;th insurance is taking roots just now. Earlier lucky people had the Employees; State Insurance (ESI) which benefited many members of the salaried class. Now privae insurance players are taking over. But private players are ruled by profit motive and have a thousand ways of not bankrolling your treatment. You should see Michael Moore's documentary "Siicko: on health insurance. I suppose that way you have ben lucky.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,
    Hope you are completely recovered and getting ready for New Year celebrations!

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

Thank you for your wishes. It is my friends' and family's wishes that help me heal quicker. I know India has an outstanding medical advancement closely resembling the US healthcare technologies. I am sure someday, India will have bettter technology at a competitive cost helping many people. Already, medical tourism to India is common.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Balajee,

Yes, I was lucky that the surgeon fought to get this particular procedure approved by the Insurance company. It is common in the US that the insurance company deciding what procedure a patient can undergo as medical treatments are expensive. But fortunately, these insurance companies have highly negotiated rates which those without insurance coverage can not afford to pay. Most importantly, this procedure worked well for me relieving me from frequency and incontients. I don't have to wake up so many times in the nights.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

@Anisu, Thank you for your wishes. Yes, I was amazed to read about this procedure and watch a video intereview by a surgeon explaining how the procedure works.

Thyagarajan likes this.