1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Health checkups

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by kanaka Raghavan, Aug 19, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    I request all my friends to have regular check ups.We have to make it a part of our lives.Health is wealth.I f wealth is lost ,nothing is lost,if health is lost everything is lost.So please to have checkups.I would like my IL friends to have a long and healthy life.

2. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

hi
    This is true that health chekups reveals any thing before it becomes serious.
    & this ismore so with age nearing 40-45 as at this is the time when many illness become more common.
    One thing is that regular yearly chekup having pep smear for very early inclination of cell changes which may lead to ca. uterus .This is a simple test in which a slide is prepaired & examine for cellular changes. No invasive procedure.
    Another thing is to have regular yealy or 6 monthly checkup for BP & sugar as diabetes & high blood pressure r illnesses of middle age & r missed for long time if regular chekups r not done.
    another thingis to have assessment of Calcium level in blood with approaching menopause & for any weakness of bones that is common if calcium level r low & result in osteoporosis ( weak bones with resultant increase in fracturs ) This is also simple non invasive test .
    Yet another is havng a mamograph in one to two years & more frequently if any blood relative like mother or sisters have h/o breast cancer.Examination of breast can also be done by urselv while taking bath to feel for any lump or mass by flat of ur palm .Thses r few simple things one must know.
    All these health chekups wud give aquick approach to any wrong happening in body & will keep u fit.

3. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Really true Kanaka. It is absolutely necessary to have health check-ups when a person enters 30's atleast. These are days when people are affected with diseases which we have even not thought off. So early detection of any disease state is essential for an early and easier cure.

Always remember the fact that "Prevention is better than Cure".

Many Hospitals have Health Check-up packages itself... They will run all the routine tests, including Pap Smear and if the patient is identified with any unhealthy condition, further check-ups will be conducted to find out the seriousness of the disease.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kanaka,

Even I totally agree with your opinion of periodic health check -ups. I have seen people staying away from the word "Hospital". They refuse to even visit someone who is sick. The scenario of a hospital worries them. These are the people who never go for check ups and land in trouble. There are many procastinators who just want to put it off fearing a disease.

I would advise people to go with for check ups with a positive attitude. Detection of any disease will only lead to the path of cure. Isnt' it.. Then why worry.

Trust in God and he will keep you healthy..............
    Treat is as a game. The way you punch in the game forum, keep punching your sugar levels, blood counts and other details every year. You may land up playing a game. I should excel my own reports. A good way to stay healthy....