1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Headboards, Sofas, And Ceiling Fans - Alignment Woes?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Nuzhath, May 3, 2020.

1. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

On second thoughts Nuzhath you have done a splendid job of writing about the alignment woes, topic sure did attract me to read and I loved it.Waiting for the masala box story...:yum:

Nuzhath likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Awesome post. You have brought out the difficulty faced so well. As someone had mentioned where were you all this time. Every post of yours is worthy of nomination
    You have written the post on the right time. I also when it is very.hot sleep the side where the fan gives good breeze

kaluputti likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Nuzhath,

Tell me more about the collaboration between a carpenter and an electrician! Here is a real-life event I can share. In 1992, we have moved into Mumbai. The company that I worked for was buying four apartments under construction in Lokhandwala Complex in Kandhivli. The company was pushing me hard to move to the apartment as it is expensive to live in a hotel. We were also very frustrated living out of a hotel room. We wanted to wait until the elevator started working as the apartment was on the 7th floor. The company pressurized us to move sooner. Finally, our truck came from Trivandrum where we lived earlier and some of the laborers moved all our things through the stairs to the 7th floor. My heart was bleeding to see that but I can only tip them heavily.

Finally, we started arranging things in our home. At some point we were sweating and decided to switch the fan on. It worked but within a few seconds, I heard a big scream from my wife and I rushed to the room only to find the fan fell right on her head. I rushed to her hospital but she was discharged as there was no symptom of head injury. However, the doctor cautioned that I should bring her back if she vomits or shows any other symptom of head injury. Luckily, nothing happened to her. The fan was connected by the electrician but it was carpenter's job to fit the fan into the "U" shaped metal in the ceiling. It was just placed in the holder to be fitted later.

A few days later, I walked into another bedroom and found the window grill missing only to realize that it fell seven floors down, and luckily no one was hurt as it was not occupied by many. After that, I called all the workers for a meeting and check everything at home and confirm that all of them are fitted properly.

kaluputti and Nuzhath like this.
  4. Nuzhath

Nuzhath Silver IL'ite

OMG! That was a tough time for you!

5. Nuzhath

Nuzhath Silver IL'ite

:) posted the masala box snippet.. generally aimless talk :( - but thanks for your appreciation.

kaluputti likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Finest Post Winner

No problem at all. It's only virtual. Bitcoins will do?
    BTW where do you find the emojies while typing here. I have to contend with hahahahaha.

kaluputti likes this.
  7. kaluputti

Uh oh...looks like we might be forgetting the reality, not only paramarthically but vyavaharically also ..you have every trick up your seeves to escape sir. Now coming to emojis see the ic, click the smiley icon on the format bar above the writing space and viola a treasure trove of emojis appear, from which you choose by moving the cursor near any one and it shows what it signifies..sir. emojis.png I like visual representation more than verbal...being an artist,Thanks for the opportunity.

8. kaluputti

Expecting lots of emojis along with hahaha...:smile:..enjoy!

HariLakhera likes this.
  9. kaluputti

HariLakhera and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Mithila48

Mithila48 New IL'ite

In context to nuzhath practical alignment woes of objects .... sharing some challenges faced during construction of my own house.
    It was dream for us to own a house but in reality became a stressful complicated process. We engaged a contractor but he left mid way of construction as there was no collaboration between our thoughts. I was supervising along with him. The architect drew the plan and handed over ... I took the initiative of translating the plan to the engineers and contractor. I had to learnt from scratch being on site the design and construction process ... literally everything from strength of pillars, sizes and concrete/ cement mixing for slabs , types bricks used for walls, electrical wiring plans, switch points, and plumbing plans, door designs, wood work, type of wood used, ... etc . I started supervising which irked the contractor and he left as budget issues was causing differences. Interiors I hired a designer but even then I had to sit with him to make him understand the practical way of arranging things rather than go for decor look. I was at the same time emphasizing on aesthetics and being more operational. Really it used to get me on my nerves to have collaboration between electricians, plumbers and carpenters and floor casting guys. But ultimately I passed all challenges and the overall result was a great appreciation of efforts by friends and relatives. The house has come out very beautiful. All the issues which nuzhath was stressing I faced same but I was very strict in getting the things done in my way. Once burglar proof was getting fixed and they forgot to fix the screws and when I tried to open the grill door I fell over it but escaped very narrowly. It was horrifying experience and many such incidents happened but I overcame it all... sometimes with my Bp raising to get it finished with scheduled timelines and less errors. Though I was novice on construction process I learnt it while getting involved and taking guidance from appropriate sources.