1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 6

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Dec 15, 2007.

1. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    Don’t get emotional for raising my hat off to u . Try to get used to it because u may have to get it many a time , ok ? !

Sridhar .. I ‘m extremely sorry for having pointed out ur lack of ability to dance . I ‘ m soooooo sorry , dear . I welcome ur idea of learning dance from an expert . And I don’t mind that being a BEAUTIFUL woman dancer . But the practical problem is …. if u learn through a lady , ur dance might reflect a girlish style & I may be tempted to mock at u once again ! So …. Just to avoid this ( believe me ) , I would recommend or even arrange for u an eminent , HANDSOME male dancer , ok dear ? And … I ‘m ready to spend my ‘precious ‘ time watching u (only u - believe me …!)- sitting by his side . Hope u ‘ll cooperate with me to carry on with this noble task ! ( my pure ( ! ) intention to help u my dear !!!!!! . )
    With love ,
    Indhu .

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,

this episode had whole lot of action & a beautiful display of all kinda emotions - the good, the bad and the ugly ones.
    wonder how many women are trapped in meaningless marriages - all for some reasons.
    Sethu's reply to Balki was beautiful & the words on dance & our culture - there's a lot we take for granted.
    Oh, yes, Sridhar, we knew the monster is on its way. everytime there's so much emotional overflows and everything's rosy and nice - we hear the footsteps of destiny.

overall, an interesting episode.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indhu,
    Oh, my friend, you both are taking each thread to "greater heights" with your exchanges!
    I am keeping a count of the no: of "my dear" from one to the other ! All your "bickerings" with eachother "off IL" ( I mean the usual ones between any normal couple) will be set off by your lovey-dovey posts to eachother here.

Now, our friends in this forum will start commenting "No wonder with such an endearing wife by his side, VR rolls out (or reels out?) such romance in his serials".
    Poor VR, let him learn from a female dancer - we cannot deny our spouses, seemingly simple pleasures.If he dances girlish, we will make him Kothai, his favourite Thiruppavai Deity ! Remember, the month is Markazi now !
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  4. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    A very good afternoon to you and all the ILs :)
    For a very long time, I was not able to come online on IL. Life is going so hectic for me for the past 3-4 months. Some of the reasons being getting our flat's interior work done, shifting into the house last month, settling down (which is still going on :mrgreen: ). Apart from that my office work which is taking 14-16 hours of my whole day :bangcomp:
    But yesterday I finally could log in here just to find another gripping serial of yours. I have to confess that ever since I saw that there are 6 episodes of a new story by you, i just could not leave it before i finished reading all of them bonk
    This time the style is different. 2 stories going in parallel and both of them are equally interesting. But for now I have to log off and get back to work since we have got the test results of the s/w that we released yesterday and got to fix the reported bugs.
    Congratulations for yet another captivating serial :bowdown:hatsoff

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

The fact is that I love writing to all of you. And I match post with a post. Somebody who has written two posts get two replies. It is not labour for me, not even labour of love, but sheer love.

I have learnt a lot of lessons from a host of "vicinity gurus", or VGs, if you allow me coin such a term. Once a group of us executives were travelling long distance by car. We stopped on the way to have tender coconuts. (Ilaneer is the term I prefer) An old woman of about 70 was selling them. My friend a top ranking executive first tried to bargain with her. She did not budge. She told that a piece cost Rs. 8 and there was no scope for reduction.
    My friend then tried to pay her. He had a section of freshly minted Re 2 notes, a rarity those days. He pulled out 16 brand new notes (totalling to Rs.32 for 4 pieces of Ilaneer) and gave them to the old lady.
    "See old lady, I have given all fresh notes. You should have brought down the price at least for this."
    The lady replied with non-chalance, "Is a fresh 2 Re note worth Rs. 3? Can you buy things for Rs.2.20 with this note?"
    That lady became my Guru that day. I learnt the most valuable lesson that whatever may be your external conditions, that will not affect your internal worth. An idiot clad in the finest dress, drenched in perfume is still an idiot. Similary a good man clothed in rags is still a good man.

That's something which I also enjoy. But of late I have started to dread them. She doesn't scribble something and give a fb. She thinks for days and then drafts three lines. She knows how to corner me. And coming to think of idiots, I am the first one. I should not have told about IL to Indhusri! It's too late now. You sow what you reap.

Love,

6. varalotti

Dear Varloo,

Thanks. Sethu's answers to Balki are basic facts of life. The problem is that many have neglected such wise words in the past and have made a wreck of their lives.

I knew a merchant here in Madurai. He used to travel with me in train in those days. That fellow was earning close to Rs.50,000 per month by means of rent alone, and that too from his properties in Chennai alone.

But he used to travel by 3rd class, stay in the cheapest lodge, which will have a common bathroom for the entire floor. Even this can be called as simplicity. But when someone visits him during his coffee time, he used to make his office boy buy coffee only for him. He will go into this shop into a small room to have coffee all alone. And this guy was making millions in auto parts trade.

And one fine morning at 10 Am when he was getting ready to go to his shop, he fell down and died. An unceremonioius end to an unceremonious life.

Honestly I also hate writing that scene. But let's see what happens.

As I have been telling often, I am writing this story more as a screen play. So if any one is willing to serialise this story, I will happily let them do it.

regards,

7. varalotti

Hi Mals,

thanks. Balki kept me too at the edge of my seat. I am happy that you could identify the correct, comparable shades in the corporate world. And I know that out there in the business world, which has corporates and non-corporates, the specimens are only more intense. The other lady is Mythili and not Mythraeyi.

That's really a quotable quote and I relished it. It is so painfully true.

Can you please explain the meaning in English, Mals?

When it erupts, it is going to consume in its glory everything.

Thanks once again Mals for the fb.
    regards,

8. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

What was “that”, Sridhar? I can’t wait to know about it ! I hope it is not the usual “that” !
    Good question Chithra! Sridhar, could you break the secret soon?

9. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I want to ditto Kamla's Fb for lack of enough adjectives to praise your writing. I was moved by Sethu's replies to Balki's poser to Sharada. As Kamla has said since quite a lot of them have already qouted those lines or referred to them, I do not want to say itagain. Hats off to your beautiful 'He'!

10. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear varalotti,
    This episode has a nice flow of words adorning nicer thoughts!. I liked your definition of religion and God. Yes indeed, if our thoughts are pure we reachgreater heights of glory.Sethu is developing into a strong and forceful character,. Sarada symbolises how a wrong marriage can ruin ones passions and interests. Especially artists are creative and sensitive and in this world many an artist has suffered silently. Is the marriage worth continuing, I wonder.
    Regards,
    meenu