1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 5

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

I always knew that you are a proud daughter of Madurai. As such, I can understand your rush to ward off any slights on your city or its daughters and sons!

But Chithra, my words were not to throw any derogatory comments on Madurai or its people.

First of all, Priya's behaviour and character was for me a relevance of sorts. This in spite of knowing today's India is very modern and has reached the proud position of the third biggest economy in the world! Also, this week's episode started off with a strong flavor of the west, not only because it was placed in Europe, also because of the way the protagonists behave and interact with each other. And more so because of the sleek writing of our Varalotti. Hence, the above quoted comment from me!

May be I should take more care in the way I phrase my sentences....

If any Madurite should bring the prestigious Nobel Prize to the Indian soil, I would be jubiliating! You see, I am not mindful of East, West, North, South. It is All India for me and it is My Madurai too !!

L, Kamla

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    I hope I have not offended you - I just wrote in the lighter vain ! Please do not say
    May be I should take more care in the way I phrase my sentences....
    No, no, not at all.
    All said & done, we are the best of friends & VR is our common friend.
    So, relax, Kamla.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

good piece of writing with a great flow in your thoughts, which led us also through all the feelings and emotions these two felt ! How true are your words about destiny. It never lets anyone just be happy and contented, has to have some action like our mega serials i guess. :iagree
    If there is a happy ending then there is no story right!? Well i do feel sorry that Priya and Madhavan have to face something bad.....well they seemed to have had a past full of isery, which they seemed to have fared well ,lets hope they will fare whatever is Destiny brings forth for them in the future too!

But like Kamla has pointed out, there is a subtle change in the way you are writing abt the man /woman relationships......i am wondering if this change is happening in India Now.....a kind of respect and acknowledgement of the woman's feelings in these aspects and not just the empowerment of Man!
    If so i am happy for the women kind.......at last we can voice our feelings and be respected too!
    But all said and done ,now Madhavan's fans are going to jump to Timeline B and wait for Sethu.No more Maddy for us, we will leave him with Priya!

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Chithra,

NP!
    Remember, right from the day one, we have agreed to disagree?!
    Besides, in this instance, there is no disagreement, we are both in the same line of thought.
    And....all this is 'mithya', our friendship is 'nithya'...guruji !!

L, Kamla

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh my dear Kamla,
    You clean bowled me !
    Whatever I wrote to Naradi in Cheeniya's forum, have come back to me !
    My God, are nithya & mithya so clear to everybody? - looks like it !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Smooth and creamy like Belgian truffles and then dark and sensuous like Dutch coffee! So went the narrative as the colleagues travelled from Belgium to Amsterdam, and from being friends to soul mates. As an incurable romantice, especially in love with the beautiful canal city of Amsterdam, I could not wait to read this episode. I am not quite as aghast on the quick pace in which the Madhavan-Priya relationship alchemised. Not shocked,not surprised, I guess modern day India is all about openness. But what I liked about it was the lack of guilt or remorse or compulsion that either party felt later. That psychological clarity is more evident these days and I am glad that you chose to express it here.

Did expect more fireworks or is the right word 'sparkles' here in the much awaited one room scenario, especially in Holland. And must also say that while the story is proceeding on very predictable lines as of now, we can sure anticipate some 'womb-tremblers' soon.

Thanks for a great read!

regards
    Vidya

7. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    Madhavan- Priya is a nice pair having real concern ,deep love and perfect compatibility ( most needed factor for a couple to lead a happy & peaceful life )! Let God bless them & save them from the cruel hands of destiny at least at the end . ( note down its not my request to the author – as I made earlier by mistake - but to the Almighty ! U know very well that I believe in His powers ! )
    I was moved by the words of the great saint :

”If you want to repay my love, love your children, love your wife. Take care of other orphans like you. Don’t waste your love on a dying old man.”Its like “ adiyaarukku seyyum thondu aandavanukku seyyum thondukku samaanam “ !

Romance depicted by you may be too kosher for teenagers but definitely would have meant a lot for all others ! U ‘ve described their romance likably & carefully ( ! ! ) – never crossing the limits ! Good , Sridhar !
    Its surprising that Priya ( & Madhavan too ) had no guilty feeling for what they did at that night, just considering it as a way of getting closer ! Whether this attitude is right or wrong , it does add colour to Priya’s character ! It was actually union of two hearts and nothing else – according to her , right ?
    My best wishes to u for He -6 , Sridhar !
    Love ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  8. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vandhana,

At times we get guests in our homes without a prior notice. We are in a fix what to serve them.

Instead of a pre-meditated, elaborate preparation, we make some idli upma (out of the previous day's idli) and serve it to them with trepidation. We would be thrilled if the guest says, "Wow, it's great. Can you please give me the recipe?"

When we hear those words, mentally we kneel down, fold our hands in prayer and thank the very embodiment of Love, our God, who guided our hands even in that moment of hurry.

This episode was delivered in such circumstances. My publisher insisted that he could not wait beyond 6th December for the complete manuscript. I could not do anything else till I finished the book. Fortunately I delivered the manuscript a day in advance and used that one day (rather one night of two hours work) to prepare the idli-uppma.

And when your first review came in, I bowed down to the Universal Love which guided my head, heart and hands.

I am happy that you like the quotes about life popping in the story every now and then.

And now a blank screen with just the title words HE 6 written on the top is staring at me. Please pray that I should be able to deliver this episode on time and with the same quality.

Thanks once again,

regards,

PS: I grew up in a time when description like the one I gave in my story, was considered too 'sexy' for an eighteen year old. I naively thought that the world would not have changed. And hence the caveat.

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

I am still reeling from the effect of your classic, immortal, "Just Venting" post. Posts like that leave an aftertaste in your mind for a long time.

That is the highest compliment a writer can ever hope to get.It is not Madurai or America or England, as the case may be. Being a pompous ass, I intrepret this compliment this way.

All said and done, my mother tongue is not English. And but for a few hours in a day, I speak only Tamil. And I am a Tamil writer too. With this background, if you say that I write like an American, it only means that I write as if English were my mother tongue. That sure is a great compliment and I thank you very much for that.

And India is changing, and changing fast. I am not sure whether it is for better or worse, but I know it is changing quite fast. So I had to keep in line with the changing times.

Well, Madam, you know the basic rule of making a movie? You can do without a hero or heroine, but definitely not without a vilain. One of my friends asked me, why should we have bad elements in a story at all. I challenged him, 'Can you tell a story to your five year old, without a bad character?'

He tried but the child yawned and told him that the story was boring and she will not eat her food with that kind of a story.

So, Kamla, I don't want 13000 ILites to yawn talking about goody goody things all the way.

Thanks for the response. A greater thanks for the nice compliments.

Love,

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

I was breathlessly waiting for this episode and read it in single exhale. What a narration, touching the pulse of human nature, the chemistry, the loneliness, the tragedy, the want to have someone close to share your inner feelings, to be loved, to be cared is all what we look for and at times jump in to the pyre when the heart looses its chord with the head. Hope both of them do no suffer for this hasty decision.

Madhavan and Priya have been my favs from the time the episode has started. God, when is next Saturday??

Keep flowing your ink in IL, we are loving the swim....