1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 13

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Feb 1, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sujatha,
    thanks for those words. As I have been telling others, that love scene was a kind of highlight for the episode. This is a rare instance of love where the woman has taken the initiative. The man has to just respond. How beautifully he does it has been the storyline this time.
    More than my characters I am in a piquant situation now. I have so many options and alternatives. And the path forward seems to be ridden with too many choices. Pray God that I should have some clarity of vision before this week ends.
    thanks, Sujatha for your fb.
    regards,

2. varalotti

Hi Mals,
    In one angle we can see perfect justice reigning over this world. No wrong deed goes unpunished.
    This is a statement that needs to pondered over. If this is allowed to be true, then no one will feel accountable for their mistakes. I remember reading about a story in Ramayan. Rama goes to a pond for drinking water. As had been the custom he just plants a sharp arrow on the ground before getting into the water. Unknown to him that arrow had pierced through a frog. When Rama came back he was in tears to see the frog almost dead. He asked the frog, "Why didn't you shout to let me know that you are there?"
    "I am your devotee, Rama. So far whenever I had to face dangers I used to shout "Rama, Rama" and I will be saved. Today also I was about to shout those words when I saw that you were planting the arrow yourself. Then in whom can I take refuge? I thought it was your will that I should die by the hands of my saviour."
    The story goes that in spite of Rama being a God, in spite of the frog absolving Rama of all sin, Rama still felt guilty. And as a result of which he vowed that in his next Avatar as Krishna he should die accidentally by an arrow as an expiation for that sin. And it did happen.
    At one level it's a myth. And another it's a profound truth. Depends on how we take it.

I am not that bad. But other than that no commitments, Mals.

I am also in the line.

love,

3. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti ,
    Bear with me for addressing you so – because I admire you more as a writer ! Its just to begin with , ok ?
    Nalini’s concern over Sethu is awesome ! What Sharadha thinks about her is very true :
    Wow Sridhar , of all the romantic scenes u’ve written so far - this should be the best one , in my opinion ! As Kamla said – S and S with their heart full of love created the romantic mood in us ( the readers ) too ! Their minutest feelings too were expressed through their gestures ! The great vamakkalai master becoming speechless at the touch of his lover is so sweet ! Very well written , Sridhar !

– Sharadha’ s words are cute !

The surgeon’s comment on the lovers shows ur very good sense of humour , sridhar !
    Sethu ‘s well- planned attack on Balki , his sudden outburst of anger towards the stranger and his deep regrets over his own activities after he is back home - excellent ! I admire Sethu more & more ! ( please don’t feel for my comment because ur characters are none other than you & you only ! haha!) (esca……pe…..!!!)

Love ,
    Indhu.

Ps : I guessed who the stranger is !

4. varalotti

Dear Varloo,

First I need to apologise to you, for I didn't see the last two posts in this page and went to the next page instead. Sorry.

Love scene has always been a challenge to me I remember an incident some 9 years back. By that time about a dozen stories of mine had been published. None of them were love stories.
    I used to mock at those love stories. A friend challenged me to write a love story. I think it was January 99.
    I sat down to write one of the most touching love stories I ever wrote and posted it to Vikatan. (Emails were not there at that time).
    Vikatan came out with a Special Issue to commemorate the Valentines Day. And my story "Enakke Enakka" was published there. I think the story is there in my anthology Jannal (Or perhaps, Visaranai)
    Believe me the trouble I took to chisel out this love scene was no less.
    And I am happy you enjoyed that.

I have already started planning my next episode. Every thing has come to an end, sooner or later. So is the case with HE.
    Thanks Varloo for the fb and sorry for the delay in responding.

regards,

5. varalotti

Hello Aruna,

I need to apologise to you as well, as I left out the two posts on page 2 while replying. I was simultaneously replying to three threads and was in a kind of haze, so to say. Still that does not excuse the omission. So, sorry.

S&S are definitely going to be one. At least now I don't think otherwise. But I still have more than 48 hours to change my mind.

In many cases the good people suffer because they don't consider offence as one of the options for defence. While any form of violence is bad, at times we have to put up a show and give something back to the offender without letting the violence go into our mind. That's what Sethu did; though he lapsed into anger and hatred on seeing the stranger.

A good question. I am also thinking of that now. Thanks for the fb, Aruna. And sorry for the delay.

love,

6. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,

Yes, Lalitha. A part of my mind wants to continue. But there is one solid rule in novel-writing. When the actions reach a peak, you have to end it. A novel should not be written in a wave-like fashion with big peaks and depths.

It is customary to have the love scene in a park, beach or a restaurant. The reality is that love does not wait for a proper place. Wherever it is expressed it is the proper place. In that sense the scene gets even more romantic when it is enacted in a serious place. Like having a black frame for a light coloured picture.

Thanks.

Thanks Lalitha for the confidence reposed in me. Writing a serial like HE drains me of all energy. I need some time to recoup it and come back to you all with renewed vigour. I have a very vague idea about the next serial. Let's see how it gets shaped up.

Thanks for the fb, Lalitha.

love,

7. varalotti

Hello Hema,
    I have heard the words "mushy, mushy" before in the comments. I have seen the word a million times. I am still not clear whether it is a compliment or an adverse comment. Since you are using another adjective nice, I presume that it is a good comment.
    There's my friend (a lady) who tells me, "Why you keep on writing all these mushy mushy stories? Why dont you write some thing nice and good?"

When you match your saree and your blouse there are two ways of doing it. One is the traditional way of having a light brown blouse for a dark brown saree. That is like having a love scene in a park, a beach, theatre or a restaurant.
    The second way of matching is contrast-match, when you deliberately choose a bright orange blouse for a jet-black saree. (Believe me it'll be nice, though a little rare)
    That's like having a love scene in a hospital, in a funeral parlour or a crowded suburban train.

Thanks, thanks and thanks. You need not have to wait for long. Just 24 hours will do.

regards,

8. varalotti

Dear Indhu,

You are a very clever woman. You have told the whole world that you admire me less as a husband, even less as your partner and friend. But I am happy that at least there is one area in which you admire me.

A Big Thanks Indhu for acknowledging that I at least write good romantic scenes.

I know where you are coming. As Mals once said that I am a perfect Villain because my villains plan meticulously, you are now saying that I am Balki and all the villains. Good one, Indhu.

I know you will And you have an unfair advantage over other ILites. You are living with the author. So you have a greater responsibility to keep your mouth shut till the next episode comes out.

love,

9. varalotti

Re: HE - Episode 14

Most Gracious ILites,

HE 14 is almost ready for delivery. It may require another 20 readings to just polish the draft.

I want to say a thousand things about HE 14. But I don't want to spoil the suspense.

I need an assurance from you ladies. Tell me that you wont hate me even if you find HE 14 shocking, disgusting or bland.

Wait for another 8 hours, please.

love,

10. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

I will be uploading HE 14 a short while from now. The butterflies in my stomach can fill a whole garden.

It is in this episode that .... no no no...

Almost all of your guesses are.... no no no...

Why don't you just read it and find it for yourself?

love,