1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 11

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jan 18, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Janani,

This is my 4000th post in IL and I am happy that I am addressing it to you. I read in an old Tamil poem appearing in an anthology of the 15th century entitled Viveka Chintamani. There is one poem which says that everyone's grief is the same.
    The person who takes only gruel is worried that he does not have enough salt for his poor meal. The rich man who takes high quality milk is worried that there is not enough sugar in it.
    A poor man grieves for he does not have footwear. And a rich man feels that his one-foot thick bed is not soft enough.
    A poor man's hut is leaking in the rain. He is grieving. And a rich man who owns hundreds of houses is grieving because one of them needs repairs.
    In essence their griefs are all the same.

I am happy that you picked out these lines. I put myself in a childless womans place and wrote them.

And they don't make people like Nalini or Sethu too.

Thanks a lot, Janani.

love,

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,
    I liked this weeks episode. Your description of how the employees show their regards spontaneously for their employer makes a good lesson to all bosses. I agree that a job done wholeheartedly for a person whom you love and respect can bring immense satisfaction. Personally I always give more importance to human relationships than places. I am never very impressed on reading about a place.Relationships have to be nourished and all your characters show that they thrive only on trust.:hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff
    regards and a very happy 2008.
    meenu

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    There is so much of “drama” built up in this episode that now producers will start queing up outside your house, vying with one another to get the rights from you, to make the film “Avan Yaar?” !
    This title because, I guess the HE you have given as the title, is Sethu.

As a woman, I can understand the feelings that Sharadha must have gone through, when addressed by Sethu, by her name ! The proximity is now very close !

The best passage, this week is

“The Universe is a beautiful, well-connected web. When a need is felt somewhere the entire Universe rushes to fill up that need somehow or other.

It is upto us to identify the same, instead of complaining of lack forever.

Recently, when a friend was sick and hospitalized, I took beetroot soup because it is ideal for post-convalescence. He asked me if I had brought it symbolically, since he was recovering from a haemorrhage !

So, we will “jet-lag”, next week?
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    i guess all who read this episode will have tears in their eyes. It was very touching and the suspense you kept was really superb. Nalini is a very optimistic character who takes even this mishap as a means to know how much her employees love her,:hatsoff.
    And now that the SAADHU had become agitated (MIRANDAACHU), the forest (Balki) won't be able to contain it.

5. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,
    I enjoyed and relished each and every line of ur first reply and I too did feel that something was missing.I thought that you would have definitley shooted a reply to my lines abt the Swamiji connection in all ur stories :)

And yes, I am waiting for u to reap the seed of curiosity that i sowed!

Luv,
    Jaya

6. varalotti

Hello Aruna,
    The world is in such a state that only good souls like Nalini get hurt. I wanted to move the story a little bit and used this episode for that.

It's true Aruna. But here it is not that Nalini is acting as if she were happy. There is no false pretension of happiness. Instead of brooding over the past she is just focussing on her present.

thanks for the fb.
    regards,

7. varalotti

Dear Meenu,

Thanks for the fb. I know when you come on board to post a fb, the episode should have been good. So your coming here itself has been a gift to me.

Human relationships are the only thing. The places just provide a context for the relationship. As a writer I will have to describe the place a little bit more so that the relationship is appreciated fully. Let's put it like this. While the human relationship is the main picture, the place is the frame.

That is a very pertinent observation, Meenu. You can have this as a statement on my writing as well on my personal life. I have trusted and have been betrayed a million times. But still I would rather prefer to trust and lose than not trust at all. But after so many betrayals, I now have a cautious policy of "Trust, but verify."

Thanks for the kind new year wishes. Wish you the same.

regards,

8. varalotti

Dear Chithra,
    When I wrote the curtain raiser for HE I promised you all that I will strive to give you the best drama. Unlike SHE which got into controversies, HE will be a pure story, an emotion-packed drama. I have been conceiving the story development only as screen play. And of late I have started delivering the story in the mini-adai format (do you remember the surakkai to make mini adai's crispy?) that is scene by scene.
    I would love to see producers waiting outside my house. But I also know that can't happen. Because Kollywood is yet to come out of its Formula stories. Now they write stories for Rajni, Vijai and Ajith. And this is responsible for all the problems of Kodambakkam. Times will change only when the actors are chosen based on the storyline and not the other way round.
    Let's not bother about Kodambakkam. When I have fans like you and 15000 ILites, I care a damn about Kollywood.

To every person the sweetest sound in the world is her name. Sethu was not sure of Sharada's love till this week. When he sees her taking care of Nalini, crying and all, he melts. And his way of communicating his acceptance is by calling her by her name.

Thanks. I loved writing the passage and am happy to see that you like it.

Now I will have to sheepishly admit that I introduced beet-root soup because Nalini had lost a lot of blood and I want to symbolically balance that loss.

Sure.
    Love,

9. varalotti

Dear Varloo,

Not only those who read this but even the writer had tears in his eyes, when he wrote them. And I had to read it a hundred times to edit it. And every time I had tears.

It's not optimism, Varloo. It is reality. Those days people used to say God is testing us. That is ********. Why should God test us? He is omniscient. And if he cant know us without testing then to me, he is no God. He gives us difficulties only to make us grow. One of the ways of growth is to realise the love others have for us.

that's true. But you will have to wait for 2 weeks to know about that. Next week we will be focusing on Priya and Madhavan.

regards,

10. varalotti

Hi Jaya,
    No, my first reply was complete in itself. As I was reading your lines of my being jinxed with Swamiji I felt that a seed has been sown in my mind. Oh, don't worry, I am not going to be a Swamiji, myself. That's not my cup of tea.

You have sowed the seed for the next serial. Almost every serial of mine has had a Swamiji. So I thought why not write a whole serial on Swamiji. As soon as HE is over and after allowing some time for us to settle down, I plan to start a serial on Swamiji.

That was what I wanted to say. Thanks for the idea, Jaya.

Love,