1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 11

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jan 18, 2008.

1. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Re: Part 10!

Hi Sridhar,
    Well..this episode was definitely filled with emotion.The unsaid mother and son love that Nalini and Sethu shared really brought tears to my eyes.

"It is quite easy to think that we are the only persons suffering in the whole world. And the rest of the world is dancing in happiness. The truth is that suffering is universal. There is virtually no life without some kind of a pain or other.”

The above lines are very very true..! Yes, sometimes we are so much overloaded with our problems that we tend to forget that problems in life is Universal.

The small sting of ecstasy that Sharada feels when Sethu addresses her name sans Madam is really well felt!! :)

And Sridhar,I feel you are so much jinxed with Ashrams that in each new story of yours there is a Swamiji connctivity!! Any specific reason??

And as always waiting for the next episode and side by side breaking my head to find what could be the connectivity between the two Timelines :idea

Luv,
    Jaya

2. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

Yes, I agree with Jaya. I also had tears in my eyes when I read abt the love and affection between the staff members and Nalini. It was a heart-warming episode.

Yes, I really love the Swamijis and their words of wisdom in all your episodes. Wish we all get to meet such a Swamiji now and then for help and direction.

The immediate medical attention given to Nalini was really impressive. Wish all emergencies were taken care of like this in India.

Overall, a pleasureable reading!!

Best regards
    Hema

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Re: Part 10!

Hi Jaya,

Yes, I too became emotional while writing the episode. And had wet eyes when I had to read it again and again for editing and polishing.

I am happy you liked these words. Whenever people come to me with problems I ask them to visit the inpatient ward of a large hospital. That will give them a perspective and a context for their problems.
    There's a poet I love the most, Auden. He went one step ahead and said,
    Love does not happen with grand declarations. Nor does it happen in an exotic resort with a hundred junior artists dressed in white are swirling around. It can and normally it does happen in a mundane setting like a hospital, a mall, the work place and is expressed in small things like the way of address.

Hats off to you, Jaya. In fact only because of this sharp observation of yours I chose to respond to your fb so fast. Honestly, I am totally vexed with all the Ashrams and Swamijis I see in the real world. None of them have the love, the universal love, which is the hallmark of a true sage. They are all filled with greed (barring exceptions), lust and what not. So in my stories I am trying to create ideal Swamijis full of love and who function like cool shade to those who are scorched the sun of life.

That makes two of us. Yes, I too am breaking my head. Let's leave the matter to Her.

Love,

4. varalotti

Hi Hemalatha,

Thanks a lot for the kind words. For me writing an episode is like appearing for a tough examination like my CA exams. So the first good responses are the results. Needless to say you and Jaya thrilled me with your fb.

Regarding Swamiji please read my reply to Jaya. In the real world one advice I give is that always be wary of Swamijis. The ratio between the real ones and fakes is somewhere around 1:1000. In those days we had real Swamijis. These days some of the most genuine Swamiji's are not dressed in Saffron robes. They may be wearing the ordinary dress and may be playing the role of your boss, your neighbour, your counsellor or your friend.

The event was a fiction. But the rescue capabilities of institutions like the Apollo Hospitals are quite real. I saw that in action about 3 years back when my uncle had a heart attack. The ambulance arrived in just 12 minutes after we called them. Even a call taxi would have taken a longer time.

Thanks Hema.

Best Regards,

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

What a surprise to see Sethu & Sharada again today! I was expecting to hear from Priya & Madhavan !

It was nice to know the menu again and i am feeling quite hungry in the morning itself. Mini idlis with pepper and the beetroot soup . wow:rotfl:wow

How true !! My father used to always say deivam manushya rupena - how very true in our difficult times we do get help from unexpected quarters. You writing it has strengthed my belief once again.

We always think that god gives us difficulties in life but it is only for our own good which we do not realise. By taking something from us, he is infact giving back a lot which we have to subtly understand .

A very good romantic and enlightening episode. Kudos Sridhar:cheers

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    This episode like all others is wonderful that I join the others in reading it with tear -filled eyes.

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"It is quite easy to think that we are the only persons suffering in the whole world. And the rest of the world is dancing in happiness. The truth is that suffering is universal. There is virtually no life without some kind of a pain or other.”

That is what many think that there is no end to their suffering, it is just a couple days back that I had thought about this and realised pain and suffering are inevitable.

The way Nalini so simply says that her uterus had no function and the form was removed was so touching, also the way she has handled her divorce without even making it known. Wow!!! way to go.

Enjoyed Sharada's reaction to Sethu using her name. He shows so much of restraint and brings readers to respect him.

God Bless Mani and his efforts, they don't make people like him.
    Absolutely wonderful reading it was!!!

Waiting with bated breath to see what Sethu does to Balki.
    <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  7. varalotti

Most Gracious Madurai ILites,

I am sridhar aka Varalotti a Maduraiite all my life. I am an accountant. Writing is my pastime.

My wife, Indhusri (also an ILite) and I are wondering whether we could have an ILites Meet at Madurai.

Let's agree upon some ground rules. We'll have the meeting on a Saturday ora Sunday. Let's say, we should have a minimum of 5 ILites to make the meeting interesting.

Let me know what do you think. Click this link and post your views.

Can We Madurai ILites Meet?

love,

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Varalotti
    Oh!!!!!! what a rude world to kill a lady like Nalini. This what came to my mind when I read the 1st part.
    Thank God she is saved. How can good people die so easily?? but yes God always put them in tests............
    It is so emotional to read about the love of her staff members.......
    This episode is very touchy, love of the staff towards Nalini, Nalini's past, Sethu's past......you got them all together...........
    I think a person who has so much pain in heart and still shows that he/she is happy in front of everyone is one part of beauty in life.
    Waiting for the next .............hope Sethu doesn't put himself in some mess.......

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008
  9. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    Yes, I was also getting moody with Timeline A. So when the members demanded that we have B for two consecutive weeks, I readily agreed.

Most part of Timeline B is happening in a star hotel. The hero, Sethu and another main character Nalini are working there. Naturally I have to do some justice to the food part of it.

What your father said is true. You need not go far to seek proof for that. I have experienced it in my life several times. That's the reason I am madly, passionately in love with God. There are times He did impossible things to save me. She (God is beyond gender, both a He and a She) has never for a moment thought that whether I deserve Her love. She was showering it on me,wasting it on me. Had she poured this amount of love on any other individual, that individual would have ruled the world. But She never minded that.
    I am an accountant and God is not. He does not weigh any transaction. He takes away very little to give us back quite a lot.

I am happy you enjoyed reading this episode Lalitha, in as much I enjoyed writing it.

love,

10. varalotti

Forgot To tell you Jaya!

Hi Jaya,
    In my reply to your fb on HE 11 I forgot to tell you one thing. Hence this second reply. I can't sleep with a debt of gratitude remaining unacknowledged.

When you said, "sridhar are you sort of jinxed with swamijis that in every story there appears a Swamiji....."

I had given the reason in my first reply. But unconsciously you have sown the seed for something.

If you are interested, I'll tell you what it is.

thanks.
    love,