1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 10

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jan 11, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hello Aruna,

In fact after writing the episode I felt that it was rather sad. I wanted to lighten the mood. So introduced the dinner scene. Lifted some items from Chitvish,some from the Net and some from my own memory to complete it. That way, you know, fb and their responses, will not be that sad.

I am happy that you were able to relate to the lines you have quoted. I loved writing these lines. Learning the truth in them makes us a better person.
    Thanks for the fb, Aruna.
    Let me warn you SHE is much more controversial than HE. Some of the episodes I had it pre-censored by our Super Mods. Some of them generated so hot a discussion that upset a few members here in IL.
    Now I think, I have prepared your mind for SHE. Looking forward to your comments.
    regards,

2. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    Anything that is sad brings with it some element of relief. Like in our story that incident forced Sharada out of Balki's house and life. About the latter we are not clear.

You will have to wait for 13 days, just 312 hours to know about Nalini's fate.

Yes, some items are available only at CV's home. I am telling you what I told CV.If you happen to go to Le Meridien let me know in advance. I will ask Nalini to tell her Chefs to serve those items for you.

Priya and Madhavan are now in the wings. They are going to enter the scene in just 6 days.

regards,

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sridhar,

Looks a smooth sailing episode for you....

let me be honest with you, i have lost the temptation to read the serial early in the morning, and read it only in the evening...sorry but don't want to disturb my morning cup of coffee...tsk

So sharada, has come out and confessed about her love,looked too fast works for me...did not expect her to just drop out of balki's hold to sethu..(what to do,with your well written speeches for her, and also her dances..you have created a certain code for her..)..looked more like she wanted to get the burden(?) relieved.....

and also i liked your statement about hurt....it is universal truth, when man starts drawing a bigger line in front of the an existing line.makes the existing line smaller...(the irukodugal thathuvam) in the same way, looking at person not having legs, you will not worry much about not having shoes...but today we see more people worrying about not having shoes and making a mess of life...(deviating?..)

nalini accepting sharada as a sister...looks more like the influence of all the camaraderie you have come to see in Indus Ladies:queen.....

i did not much relish the hypocrite ethics of the md of the detective agency...

Looks like balki's victim is nalini instead of sethu??? (oops)

Let me stop here.....

4. varalotti

Shanthi,

No episode is a smooth sailing episode for me. They say that the pain sustained in a normal delivery of a child is equivalent to that of having two compound fractures. And writing an episode that jells with the past episodes and does not close much of my options for the future ones, is no less painful.

In fact when the story took a sad turn, I myself have avoided posting in the morning. I do now on Friday night. Since I also do not want to spoil my cup of coffee in the morning.

You are right, Shanthi. This action does not fit Sharada's character as brought out in the future episodes. But the problem is that she had caught her husband in flagrante delicto. They say that the fury that is there in a woman at that time will be hot enough to burn her marriage and at times even her morals.

But honestly I do not think she did any thing out of the way. She recognised that there was no hope for her marriage with Balki. A person cheating on her right in the drawing room is not even fit to be a companion, let alone a husband. So she walked out. Now that she is free she has proposed her love to Sethu. I don't see anything wrong in that. Of course the marriage, if at all it takes place, will be after her divorce and other formalities.

When we were in Class 3 our Tamil teacher spent a whole period teaching us an old Tamil seyul.
    தம்மின் மெலியாரைப் பார்த்து தாம் பெற்ற செல்வம்
    அம்மா பெரிதென்று அகமகிழ்க - தம்மின்
    கற்றாரைப் பார்த்து கருத்தழிக கற்றதெல்லாம்
    எற்றே இவர்க்கு நாம் என்று

Look at people poorer than you and be happy that you have quite a lot for you. And look at people who are more learned than you and realise that your knowledge is nothing before theirs.

I think the wheel has gone a full circle and people are doing the other way round.

Well, may be due to that. But there was some chemistry between them even when Sharada took leave of her on the day of her performance.

As I explained in another reply he suffers from Kumbakarna syndrome. Please indulge him.

That's a good catch. Let's wait and see.
    Thanks for the fb.
    regards,

5. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

saturdays r days i work half a day.
    with pongal on the horizon,no chance of getting the house com for the forum writings.
    after test checking the detailed report follws
    the final audit report will b presented once the client finishes his accounts,ok.
    i hav to b sincere with u.
    the pain i felt for madhavan and priya is still on.
    but in case of sethu and sharada it has not yet started burning.
    even now i get sleepless nights on how love can get diminished with power,ego and money.
    in case of sharada the marriage had gone sour long ago.
    it was just continuing as both parties were not yet ready to cut off .
    in such kind of relationships one gets used to being in the state just like u re
    not ready to part withur old furniture.
    u know it is redundant but some part of u cannot let u throw it out.
    unless it breaks by some accident u do not take the further step.
    but i could not frankly take sharada proposing to sethu.
    i feel any person who has just left a rel,would not jump into another.
    it is not puppy love,
    u may feel respect,love even affection,but love?
    i do not know.
    it sounded like rebound nad sharada is not some one according to me.
    i imply the image that i hav of her as per your description.
    sethu's emotions seemed normal and as expected.
    by the way by proposing i mean telling her love.
    i really dread reading he 11 for i know it is really going to b heart breaking.
    bye sridhar, u make me feel heavy esplly for a monday.
    luv
    kripa

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhsar,
    Read the episode as soon as I got a break at work.What has happened to Sharada?? She did a very sensible thing sand walked out of the trap , trash of a marriage. But what a time to confess her feeliongs for Sethu, a little too early. Balki has been set free to do what he wants now that she is out fo the house, but knowing him hwe is ure to make life miserable fo her. So much of workand money spent by him to trap his so called wife,Will he succeed??
    What has Sethu's past got to make him a sad man?
    Hated the photographer showing off his work and giving the details to someone else, how cheap.
    What's cooking with Priya and Madhavan??
    Last but not the least, Why did Nalini wail??
    Hearing what Sharada said to Sethu??
    Sorry for too many questions, Enjoying HE, the suspense too!!!

P.S.I too love those lines in fact the whole song from 'Avanthan Manithan'. Another fauvorite is title song of "Avan Oru Sarithiram"

7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Re: Part 8!

Hello Sridhar!
    Hmmm... I think you outbeat Chithra in the description of the mouth-watering recipes! And that Kamala orange Rasam! Could you lend me the recipe please? Its very name seems to tickle the taste buds!

Somehow I have got to like Sethu's character. Hope he remains the same till the end and you don't suddenly dress him up like a villain! That was really gutsy of Sharada to propose her love to him all of a sudden! I wonder whether Sethu will accept it in the future. There lies the suspense of the story. Wish you continue with the two of them in the next episode too so that the suspense is broken!
    Regards,
    Malathi

8. varalotti

Dear Kripa,

I am sorry that I made you heavy especially on a Monday. I know how Mondays are, especially for a practising chartered accountant. Today was typical for me as well. A DIN3 Filing, Annual Accounts delayed filing, crucial outsourced work, the net connection went off. Hand to limp on the back-up 256 Kbps connection till the engineer came and rescued me.

I too feel the pain for Priya and Madhavan. I am making a deviation now, which you will know from one of my subsequent replies.

Sharada proposing to Sethu is not unnatural. As you rightly pointed out her marriage with Balki is off for a long time. She has seen her husband cheating her. She has walked out of her marital home. And she doesn't want to miss out on Sethu.

That is one of the most beautiful similies I have ever read about a dead marriage.
    You need not dread HE 11. Stay tuned for an announcement.
    bye, Kripa.
    love,

9. varalotti

Dear Janani,
    You and I have the luxury of our armchairs to sit and cooly calculate what decision Sharada should take. But her situation is different. She has walked out on her husband. She never liked the idea of marriage. But somehow she has fallen for Sethu. (Many ILites have remarked, that anybody will fall for such a perfect male) And she is not proposing an immediate marriage. She at least wants to know his mind.
    Like you I too have many questions. You have the luxury of just waiting for the answers on Saturdays. And I have the necessity of creating the answers before Saturday.
    I am deviating a little this time. Let's see how it works.

[/QUOTE]
    There is another song in Avan Than Manithan, "Anbu Nadamadum Kalaikoodame.." I love the song for its music. It's so melodious, and somehow, to me it looks inexplicably sad. I heard it first in 1974 and it has been haunting me ever since.

regards,

10. varalotti

Re: Part 8!

Hello Malathi,
    Now about the recipes first. I really did some hard work on that. One thing I have found out in life is that when you are stressed up, just indulge in rich, delicious food. You will feel refreshed. I had the opportunity to test this hypothesis some 15, 20 years ago.
    My parents had gone for shopping. And while travelling in bus, my Dad's pocket was picked. He lost Rs.1200 which in those days was a huge sum. Dad was totally upset. There was a gloomy mood in the house. I had that rich-food-as-an-antidote-for-stress-and-grief hypothesis even at that time. So I went out to our neighbourhood ice-cream parlour and brought home the most delicious ice cream available there. My father told me several days later this ice cream has really cooled a burning stomach. So I applied the hypothesis to Sharada as well.
    You want the recipe for Kamala Orange Rasam. Ask the namesake Kamla. That was what she served when our big Boss Malathy (Induslady)visited her cozy home in New Jersey, US. Chitvish would say about walnut halwa because when we all met there (you were also there) that was served.

I have also been thinking on the same lines. So I will accept half of what you have said. You want to know which half? See the announcement below.
    regards,

[/quote]