1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 10

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridharji

I loved this episode, specially the narration and feelings of Sharadha. My heart is really heavy and i can really feel how hard it would be to be in such a situation. But whatever she did was really right. The way you have summarized each and every scene was ineffable. It just touches ones heart. The thing was, i read this during lunch and i cud'nt get back to my routine atleast for the next 1/2hr since the feeling of Sharadha was haunting me.

I really loved this line, just stood in my mind..Very storong words..

'It is better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all'

Also from the very beginning you have been very pertinacious in describing about Sethu. I have started to love this character..the way Sethu is portrayed is really awesome.

Waiting for 'Sethu's reply'.......... Any news about our Maddy & Priya!!!

Its a pleasure waiting for the next episode..

A very well written pice Sridharji. Thanks.

Vidya

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

Just finished reading episodes 9 and 10 in one go. What can i say. I already got the wig, now i am grinding my teeth , need to to look for good dentures now!!shakeheadshakehead

No 9: Put the blame on Destiny conviniently. Now i somehow cannot digest that.......But then when one is too emotional, we tend to think with our hearts and not our minds so will accept.

No 10: You are still leaving us with no clue to Sethu's sad past.... tsk bad bad!!. ( for us) . But on the whole a great episode. I think all Il'tes would take cudgels to Balki if they ever happen to meet him in real life!!
    I am impressed with the food menu choices you make. But then Sridhar, i have to say, you cannot just pick and list them, You need to try them out yourself first( i mean cook it yourself). Am sure Preethi and Indhu will make good judges. And I will be a willing volunteer too.

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Re: Part 8!

I am not surprised Sharada proposed to Sethu. Also i liked Balki getting back from someone. But nothing good comes out of 2 evils against or together.

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

This week's episode was surprisingly early! I was not expecting it and did not check out the thread...but...there it was!
    It was high time that Sarada left Balki. I think it was her own fault if she waited till she caught him 'in flagrante delicto'! He has been abusing her physically, publicly and they had no relationship whatsoever, nor did they even talk to each other. What kept her in that marriage till then beats me! And on top of it...she thought of killing herself?! No no Sridhar, I cannot agree with that. You gave her a very intelligent character and she was a personality to reckon with. Her dance and music had filled her with spiritual knowledge which in turn brings a lot of inner strength and character to any person. Why should she even remotely contemplate to kill herself for a cad?!!! The woman in me will not agree to it:)
    By the way, loved the Latin touch!
    And there you go again...tender coconut water sprinkled with spices and fruit pieces. Hot minestrone soup with crispy panneer pakoras and vegetable springrolls-cute mini cucumber oothappams liberally dozed with the traditional chilli powder-the famous Azhagarkoil Dosai-Kamala orange rasam and rice- curd rice-fig fruit Walnut Halwa and a yummy chocolatie ice-cream sundae in freshly baked waffles.............
    With those above listing....you totally distracted my attentions from your lovely Sarada and the ethereal hero! Thank God you did not go into the details of the breakfast menu! Please have a kind heart for us poor NRI ladies who may dream of such a fare but have to suffice with the dhal chawal and toast!!!
    I enjoyed reading your analysis of how tragedy effects different people. You have given it a lot of thought and penned those words. I feel those words are very true.
    Of all the characters, I somehow like Nalini. And now with her scream, I am really worried as to what could have happened to her. I hope her scream is only the result of seeing something horrible and not because she is hurt. That would be very sad.
    So, there is nothing I can do but wait for another two weeks to find out the mystery of scream. And you are still keeping Sethu's story under wraps. Looks like plenty of thrills and chills awaits us!
    Till the next episode..........L, Kamla

5. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

hi sridhar
    he 10 was as expected full of sadness, desperation and distress.
    but some hoe the le meridien lunch reminded me of the lunchspread chitvish prepared for u in the last get together.
    madurai karanga gnabagam vanducho?
    jus kidding ok.
    will write in detail later
    luv
    krips

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

AT last I finished reading. I have been trying to read this past one hour and u would not believe the interruptions I am having. But worth the wait - But you ended the episode in such a manner that we have to eagerly wait for the suspense yet again. The suspense is too much we have to again wait for 15 days my god sooooooooooo many days.

Please do provide the recipes for the lunch spread.After reading i started feeling hungry though I had a good lunch after a meeting today.

How very true!! in life we do get brickbats like this from the most unexpected quarters that too from our loved ones. Reading this for me was too emotional. Sridhar, how well you juggle with your words. It really strikes a chord in my heart. I was overwhelmed and near tears. I think this would be the apt salutation :bowdownto your writing.

Keep it up :hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff

7. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

A pretty long narration, with too much happening in Balki and Sharada's life.....
    I am sure if the detective wanted to he could have stopped himself from giving those pictures...that is if he felt that Sharadha should not be tainted!
    I too agree with Kamala, on the facts that Sharadha could and should have left Balki long ago........she did not have left it for so long! Or maybe only after she met Sethu herself, she wanted to get out of this dead relationship.... food for thought!:confused2: and no sir, i dont think she is one weak woman to contemplate suicide even for a minute...

things are getting quite complicated, waiting to see how u will unravel all the mysteries and knots! Now the WAIT is getting too unbearable......like Vandana, will get hold of a wig soon......

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    The terms like, "killing a marriage:, "performing a decent funeral for an indecent marriage" - I wonder how you imagine such phrases !
    But I am happy (in a sadistc way, though) that
    Balki ayya nalla mattikittaru !

Well, I strongly doubt that you have carelessly (or casually?) browsed through my recipe index. I am sure you will not admit it, in case you have. A few of the names you have mentioned are never available in Meridien, as far as I know !

So, Sethu's story is going to unfold, next, I hope.
    But why does the GM, wail, I am quizzed!
    No problem, I will wait.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Varalotti
    Nice write up thou sad to read but some of the things you have put in so well.
    Along with Chitvish receipies:queen

Tragedy in life affects different people in different ways. It makes many people totally insensitive and immune to further grief and renders them incapable of being happy.

Once these people go through hell, they lose their emotional capacity either to enjoy in heavan or to suffer in hell. It is a kind of disability no doubt; but hardly felt.

In a few exceptional cases the tragedy tends to heighten one’s sensitivity. That was the case with Sethu.

“It is quite easy to think that we are the only persons suffering in the whole world. And the rest of the world is dancing in happiness. The truth is that suffering is universal. There is virtually no life without some kind of a pain or other.”

These are so well said lines.

Waiting for the next episode Just started reading "She"
    This too is very interesting and nice one

10. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals,
    thanks a lot for being the first to give the fb. And thanks even more for your kind words. Writing HE has been an experience for me. When the story takes a sad turn, my moods also follow suit. I have to almost live the experience of my characters before I bring it out in words.
    Your observation about screenplay is quite right. While writing SHE I was thinking about the concepts and controversies I will be addressing in the episode. For instance if I choose live-in or lesbianism, that episode will be built around that.
    But in HE I am not attached to any concepts. I think of the overall storyline and then the story development for the episode. Then I write the screenplay - that is describing the epsiode scene by scene. And finally the dialogues come in. This is the same way a movie is made.
    Thanks once again for your kind words.
    love,