1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Having kids preparing for board exams ?????

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Shanvy, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Nandhu,

Very well said! I agree with u 100%. In today's world, the topper and the avg. student all end up in the same job! The more street smart and vocal u r, the more ur chances of survival. Have a 12 yr. old, myself, and initially I was torn betw.the Indian way and the foreign way of education. But looking around, and after talking to a lot of elders, i think i have stopped pushing too hard, coz it is'nt right on the child. And I am scared it might have a reverse effect! I push my child to work hard, and be a gd. human being, rest is upto him. We can mould them, not by pushing, but by instilling the right values in them. Make them hard workers, and they will find their way in the world!

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all

bumping this again.

I have just heard a few views on the same after meeting the teachers at the kids school.

3. lek_sh

lek_sh New IL'ite

Hi,

I am lekshmy here. I joined indusladies just recently. My son is doing his Xth CBSE Board. I am from Delhi. He is an intelligent boy and has the great aim to study hard and make his career. He is interested in Science.

But the problem with him is that his confidence level is low, he gets tensed while writing the paper, gets confused while doing a sum (Half way his will doing it right, but then gets confused and strikes the whole thing done and writes afresh which turns out to be the wrong way), if you ask him orally - he answers very well - but while writing the exam - his answers are not up to the mark) - till date in his half yearly and pre-board he has not at all shown any good results. His board papers start on 4th. I am so tensed due to this. I keep praying to God. I do keep motivating him (as he takes it to his mind - that is his nature) but whenever he writes a sample paper at home and while valuing the same, if he has scored badly or has made silly mistakes or has done incomplete work, I get very much upset and scold him a lot and I myself go into a depressed state. He remains mood off for sometime and then comes back to me with a sorry. I really don't want to demotivate him with my tension, but I am not knowing how to help him out.

If he is a weak student who is not brainy and is willing to take anything else than science and maths, I would not have been that worried, but he is so adamant to get into science and maths only - and works hard for it also - but results never come.

Can you guide me,

Lekshmy

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Lekshmy,

Our children all have so much stress and competition in the outside world. I would suggest, relax yourself. your depression, and shoutings are going to affect your already sensitive son.

When your son, knows that he needs to do more and already realises it and is working hard, this is what you should do.

Tell him, you are happy and are aware that he is doing his best, and you are going to be with him whatever happens.

Some children, get excited, nervous while doing question papers. first tell your son to relax. and also to think positive that he can do it well.

Make him do the papers everyday. if he makes a simple mistake, ask him to check the paper again and then correct. most children, especially boys are restless once they complete the paper. (my son is also in that category)

Check out extramarks.com, they do have lot of question papers that you could use.

Check out this post which gives good guidelines on helping with a public exam..

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

dear friends,

I got this file from one of my friends, who got it from the site I think.

And also wanted to inform you that cbse has some new rules for defining learning difficulties, and also the time given and the using of a
    [FONT=&quot] amanuensis has been revised.hope this helps.
    [/FONT]

Attached Files: