1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

have you saved 11.20 lakhs?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sathya, Aug 28, 2007.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

Have you saved 11.20 lakhs?

That was a cute little restaurant in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City> for fast food . sure tastes good. So many varieties and juices. The only drawback is the parking space and eating space. They give out by tokens and people collect their eats to take to their sitting place or standing or the vehicle to eat.
    In the night there are strings of lights tiny tiny colourful lamps that light up a tree on the doorway that goes twink twink twink in the night or does it say wink wink wink eats sure fine here.
    Any way to the lakhs you have been waiting to hear
    Here was a cute board that asked me the same…!
    Production of oxygen 2.5
    Control of soil erosion 2.5
    Recycling water control
    Humidity 3.0
    Shelter to birds
    Animals insects and plants 2.50
    Control of air pollution 0.5

Add 11.20 lakhs

A single tree gives benefits worth rupees 11.20 laksh over a period of 50 years. How many lakhs have you saved… ok so you are not yet twenty…! There is still time to save go ahead and save more lakhs … and plant trees wherever you can…!

sathya

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

ANOTHER NATURE POST FROM U,SALUMARADA THIMMAKKA IS SEARCHING FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU..SERIOUS NO JOKE, POOR LADY IS SICK, AND U KNOW WHO SHE IS BUT FOR OTHERS, SHE IS THE ONE WHO PLANTED MORE THAN 100S OF TREES AND TOOK CARE OF THEM AS SHE NEVER HAD ANY CHILDREN..EVEN AFTER THE EXPIRY OF HER HUSBAND SHE WAS TAKING CARE OF THEM....

[​IMG]SOMETHING LIKE THIS..SK

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I have around 20 trees in my society compound and i take care of them.. Nobody is interested in my building. It does not matter to me. I personally go and collect mud, manure, fertilizers and work on them with the help of labourers. I do not let them cut trees that do not bear fruits. I fight with the society members saying if not fruits they at least provide shade.............. I love nature and I will work for it............................

4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

5. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

good message. yes we need to plant a tree each at least for our next generation.
    It so happened there was a article about greenhouse, global warming and ganges melting in the young world (the hindu). my son read it and asked me so many questions. i was answering very patiently. then you know what happens,.... i lost my patience after 20 odd questions, he asked what should i do... i said plant trees. now he is searching for a ground nearby:yes:... he wants me to buy one for his nature club... he wants me to use the Rs.1000 in his piggy box for buying it.... He is already got members into the club.....now i have some how convinced him he can have small roof garden and he can go for planting samplings when occasion arises. I feel if we can educate few of them in the next generation, we are leaving more than the 11lakhs.....:2thumbsup:

7. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Sathya,
    Thats a wonderful way of encouraging people to save trees. You see, unless you talk RUPEES, no one is prepared to listen these days ! Isnt that sad ! This same "Table of Values", is also found in a huge board kept in The Karanji Lake Park in Mysore. A few years ago, this lake was almost dead, dried up, polluted and vegetation around it going brown. But the municipality and the Mysore Zoological Gardens got together and put in some earnest work. Now it is a splendid lake with a " walk through" bird sanctuary,a large number of saved trees , a magnificent butterfly park and boating and watch tower facilities.

And as Sun. has written, Saalumarada Thimmakka , though much praised, loved and honoured for her selfless service of bringing up trees like her own children, is reportedly in dire need of some care herself. But after the report of her hospitalisation appeared in papers, i think some govt. agency and NGOs are doing something for her.

Regards to vrikshamitra sathya
    manjula

8. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello akka

maram valarthathaalum
    paarthu kolla oruvarum
    illamal thavikkum
    thimmakka...
    en seivathu
    kuzhandaigalo
    kuzhangaigalai valartha maramo