1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you listened?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends, this is one of a kind conversation. Sometimes we might miss it or may not have the right 'communicators' in the right place. But we have heard about them all over media. Usually I am the person, who believes whatever the media says related to our health. I just brushed this information just like other news items and didn't give much importance to it at all and didn't put into practice. :bonk:

One night, when I was attending my mil's call, I suddenly heard this weird sound, (not a loud one though) which drew my attention. The same sound, was heard repeatedly over several nights, I didn't pay much attention at all. doh1

But one day it dawned on me that placement of my cell phone near the digital clock might be the reason for this new sound. The next morning I clarified this with my dh, who said, interaction between these two is possible, as their frequencies or radiation sometimes match and he also told me that's why researchers say cell phones do affect the brain cells, as our body has electrical connections too! whaatsmiley(that's how he explained to me as I told him earlier to talk in my lay(wo)man's language)

From that day onwards, I made sure that cell phone is not placed not only near the digital clock and also from me too and I advocate this to my children, narrating this incident. surrendersmiley

Sometimes even though we hear such health hazardous practices, give attention to it only when it happens near us, isn't it!

Sriniketan

1 person likes this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sriniketan,

I have read several messages asking us not to speak on cell phone while filling gas for the car. Recently I came to know that a girl's ear got burned due to explosion of iPhone.
    I also learned a student got killed when he kept his laptop on in the night in his bed because of fire. Mobile phones do cause electrical interference with our brain cells as brain cells communicate to the rest of the organs.

Despite state-of-the-art technologies all around, no one has figured out how to transfer heat generated from lithium batteries. As you know now, lithium batteries in the cargo could be the cause for MH 370 going down.

It is wiser to buy phones with speaker and keep the phones far away from our ears.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Srini,

I hear these reports every now and then. In our house the problem was our garage door opening by itself after I made sure that I had closed it :shaking:and I would worry especially when I go out. Then a neighbor who is an ex policeman mentioned that sometimes use of universal remotes in a neighbors house can activate other garage doors :hide: So with these electronics and signals, no idea.

As such I do not have a habit of keeping phone with me while I sleep. Many of my friends know that after sometime there is no way in hell they can text me or call me. And even though my little ones are still well little, I already sing the song that all electronics go into a certain tray before they sleep and no electronics in their rooms!

1 person likes this.
  4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Srini,

Thanks for sharing an informative post.

I do have the habit of keeping my cell phone next to me while sleeping and will have to stop doing it.

Technology is always a two edged sword. But, if we get into the details of the possible side effects, it will only make a person more paranoid and worried. The world is no longer the same and sometimes ignorance is bliss.

2 people like this.
  5. Sriniketan

You said it right, Viswa Sir.
    Heard about those incidents you had mentioned here. Pathetic.
    They even warn do not speak on the cell phone, while charging.

You are right about getting away from such devices and remainhand-free, as such devices are available in the markets nowadays!

Sriniketan

6. Sriniketan

Sabitha,
    We had such experiences with the garage door open all of a sudden. We de-activated the ones in the garage and use only the remotes, till now it works well. :)

Related to cell phone policy :thumbsup: but as my daughters were out of station and with a different time zone..cell phone needs to me with me :-(

Sriniketan

7. Sriniketan

Navs,
    going by these above said words, I didn't pay much attention to the effects of the cellphone near ourselves.
    But when I saw it myself and came to know..I thought ok, ignorance is not going to work here..
    You can have your cell phone in your room, but see to it, it is away 3-6 feet away.

Sriniketan