1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever used panty liners for your girl?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Happy2be, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

DD is 7 yrs and suffering from encopresis. She is under treatment but potty accidents in school are definitely annoying for her. Twice we had to get her back from school as she was embarassed having to change twice. I am thinking of trying panty liners to save her from all this hassle and embarassment and changings at school.

Have any of you used panty liners for yourself or your DD for any reason. Please share your views and experience. Its urgent please..

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry, I am unaware of any but I think her doctor should be the best person to suggest a work around. Call him/her.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

happy2be, have used panty liners for keeping me feel fresh the whole day, and also to keep myself prepared from accidents closer to my af dates.

I have used it for my dd and she uses it even now. i used them to gradually introduce her to the concept of napkins, when she was closer to her menarche, and had more discharge.. the wet feeling of your panties irritates the thighs, this helped keeping things better.

but i don't think pantyliners will help in this issue. just send a few more panties with her. because even if it happens, the smell would seep through and it would make it more awkward than changing her panties.

teach her, it is ok, and that is just a different condition, and she will be better soon with eating healthy and drinking habits. talk to her teachers in private about her condition and also request them to allow her to go to the restroom even if she requests amidst the class.

send a set of panties in a plastic pouch, that cane be kept in her skirt/shorts. this way she need not feel too shy carrying them everytime she wants to use them. she can place the soiled ones in the plastic pouch and keep them away in her bag.

but do check with your paed, there are treatments for the same.

sindmani and MaliniHari like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Happy,
    I just figured out what encopresis means. Poor LO, must be a little embarrassed. I don't think panty lines will help much. I have used liners for myself growing up. My tween uses them regularly.Liners are good for small amounts of discharge once in a while. I remember having heavy discharge as a tween and having to use a proper pad instead of a liner to hold everything. This was close to the time I hit menarche. In your daughter's case liners may not hold. Plus, if it happens she has to immediately change. Being a girl, they will be prone to UTIs if their stools are not cleaned properly and promptly. I like Shanvy's idea better. You could use a liner, but have her change immediately. She probably feels an accident, so she can clean and not have to get her clothes soiled.
    I hope you can sort this out quickly. It's a very uncomfortable situation for a child.

5. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

thanks friends. We have begun her treatment since last 2 months and doctor says it can take upto 8 months to an year. Yeah my idea of using liners was the same as you all suggested, just to avoid her panties and clothes getting soiled. In school its really stressful for her to keep changing her bloomers for a little soiling. Sh is still wearing bloomers, haven't begun with v shaped panties yet. Would panties be a better option for her in this situation. She is grade 3, 7 years old. We keep pacifying her and encouraging her and reminding her at home and when we are close but in school she has to manage on her own. She hates missing her classes again and again to just go and check and change...huhmm..my poor baby. I do send 2 extra bloomers in her bag daily and a plastic bag.

should I get panties for her?

6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

OP, she might detest the idea, but would you be willing to try diapers? There are large ones available. You could talk her in to it by letting her know that this is a medical problem and that the diapers are a temporary fix for concealing accidents. You should be able to get larger sized ones at your chemist's.

(A little girl I know has bladder control problems which the doctors are going to try fixing with a surgery. She is over ten and still needs diapers. However since she can manage it herself, her dignity is intact.)

hope the poor dear is fine soon.

1 person likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

happy2be, i wanted to suggest diapers, but hesitated because maybe your kiddo may feel embarassed or become oversensitive about herself. we all were at that age..

and i would not stop the bloomer at that age.. bloomers are safer than panties..but when my DD was that age, i use to make her wear a soft cotton panties and bloomer on top of that.

8. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

Thanks Shanvy...but diaper she wont accept. I got a panty for her for the first time and helped her use a panty liner onthis 1st day to school after the vacations..She always weara cycling shorts qhen ahe wears a frock or a skirt...In that case is a panty fine dor regular use.
    She found a panty better and dis well with the liner.She sais at least she didnt panic all the way to the loo as ahe knew her clothes would be safe. I think less of panic and embarassment on her side will help take the condition in control a little sooner. She disnt have any accident today at least aa ahe poo'd before leaving for school today.
    Thanks for your concerned replies mommies...love you all for being there

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes. if she has a cycling short then panty should be fine. do buy soft and good quality panty liners. in the meantime you can also check if there will be her size panties available with this ngo/company that makes eco-friendly napkins and pantyliners.

Eco Femme | washable cloth pads. I personally feel that she is too young to be on continous use of pantyliners..

but happy. i know at that age girls are extra sensitive..hope your lo learns to overcome with all your support.

10. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

Thanks Shanvy.. I am taking care to avoid panty liners..No panty liners at home or when we are out together..just the school hours that too I hope wont be needed after a few days or weeks...huhmmm.Today again she passed enough before school, so I didnt put the liner but taught her how to and kept one in her bag, in case she feels she needs it. I have started waking her up 10 minutes earlier in mornings so that she gets that potty trying time before her cab comes. Although shes never interested to sit and try unless she feels the pressure bot both days when i made her sit strictly she passed... she's not really being able to make out the pressure until its too much.