1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you enjoyed this

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 25, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My grandmother always used to say :
    Thookam thookam enru ayusai tholayadheda which means if you sleep more you live for less years or If I have not translated properly, please help me in translating properly.

Sometimes before lunch I get good sleep and without my knowledge I go on dozing. Today after a long it was like that. At 12 p.m. when I was on line , I was dozing off. When you get sleep without your knowledge , you enjoy that sleep. So immediately went and lied down for sometimes and enjoyed my sleep.

I was having some itching problem , for long time I did not go to the Doctor and two weeks back I went and checked up. Doctor gave me some medicines and told me come after 20 days after taking blood test. Before I started the medicines I never used to get sleep properly in the night and everyday I used to go to sleep after 12 pm. or sometimes 1 p.m. and used to get up two, three times in the night. But after I started taking medicines I am getting good sleep in the night and get up only in the morning. After lunch when I am watching TV my eyes dose off by itself and I get good sleep. But since the programme is a nice programme I watch that and go to sleep only by 3 pm.

When I get good sleep, I enjoy that sleep, because after sixty many people dont get sleep, so when you get it should not miss the opportunity.

Ok reading my blog on sleep hope you people are not feeling sleepy. Please let me know

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

3. rashmee

rashmee Junior IL'ite

no i didnt feel sleepy rather i tell you when you sleep without your knowledge even for 5-10 minutes you feel fresh...

4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, when I read your blogs, I wake up. You know why???? You always write good blogs which make me think about the subject. Like Karma, Laxmi's visit etc etc. I analyze it.
    Keep on writing!!!!!

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ms. Viji
    Yes I have enjoyed the kind of sleep you described.."thirandu varum thookam". My only problem is this "thookam" comes on weekdays when I have to work but on weekends I am wide awake....:)!
    I too sometimes have allergic itching problem and take "zyrtec". The itch goes away but I get very sleepy and it wears away only after two days or so.
    BTW your article did not make me sleepy...as "Ms. coffeelover" mentioned it makes me stop for a moment and reflect on life's simple things...
    looking forward to more such posts...
    Kamala

6. vaishnavisri

vaishnavisri Senior IL'ite

Infact I was feeling a bit sleepy when i sat before pc, but on reading ur grand ma's lines i woke up fresh.
    Vaishnavi

7. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

You are right about this kutti thookam...
    Everyday morning before getting ready for work even after the alarm buzzes I love to sleep for 5-10 minutes..it is so beautiful but then brain tells me..get up..get ready...u have to work dear....and then everything in hastiness...but during weekends when I feel that I should sleep little longer no sleep comes..and I get up and begin my routine..what to do !!

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tulips

Thanks for your first fb

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rashmee

You are right. when we sleep without our knowledge andha inbam thani inbam dhan

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Coffeelover

Thank you for your compliments. Ya when I go on getting ideas I will go on writing and hope my sweet computer helps me

love
    viji