Have an idea to grow IL? Share it here!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Induslady, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anjana,

Thanks for your ideas. We are trying to build partnership with few sites (especially blog sites) to do mutual promotion of sites for increased traffic. But now sure if a site like sunsilkgangofgirls would be open to this idea, since they might be seeing our community as a competitor.

Similarly we, few moderators and members have approached a few magazines for publishing about our community to their readership. We have also been successful with a few magazines. You may read about it here - IL in the Press - IndusLadies.

Please do not hesitate to pass on any contacts you might have with the such sites or magazines that you have mentioned. If you could approach them directly through your contacts, we can provide you the required info about IL.

Malathy

2. Induslady

Hi Budhdhi,

Your suggestion really looks doable and good. We will think through this.

However, as you may be aware, we are already acknowledging the members who tell-a-friend about our site by giving out IL gifts to a few lucky members amongst them, if not all. Please refer our registration / tell-a-friend contests conducted every month.

3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Hello Malathy ,

Most of the members have come across this site while googling.So I was wondering if it is possible to tag few key phrases to the thread either in the title or somewhere else so that Induslady pops up in the search results if someone is looking for a situation similar to what the thread mentions.

It is possible at times that the thread is missing those key words which usually one would search for in response to the query and it would be nice if the moderators can amend the thread to include what they feel are the key phrases to arrive at that thread.This is just an inexpensive idea I came up with to expand our visibility.Others have already mentioned some really good ones.Shall get back to this thread if I can think of some more.:thumbsup

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  4. Sri09

Sri09 Senior IL'ite

I am a member in Yahoo Answers. There we have point system. I will be given 100 points first. If I ask a question I will be deducted 5 points and if I answer a question I will get 2 points. Also, they chose the best answer for every question and more points (acutally that previlige is given to the person who asked the question). If I cross certain number of points I get some previliges.

This way they encourage people not only to ask questions but participate giving answers. I find Yahoo answers become busiest because of this point system.

If you can try that method, that may help brining more Indians to this site - asking more questions and solving their problems.

5. Induslady

Sabitha,

What you are suggesting makes absolute sense. I completely agree it is an inexpensive idea to expand the visibility of IL.

Our moderators have been already informed and are aware how "critical is the thread title" for our site to show-up on top in Google searches when someone is searching for a content available here.

Thank you for re-iterating this idea. Look forward to more such awesome suggestions from you.

Malathy

6. Induslady

Sri,

Thank you for this suggestion. We are working on implementing a "reputation system" that will function similar to the point system you are referring to in Yahoo answers.

7. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi there,

We have a Community named Indian Ladies in Tokyo (ILT) in Orkut..it was my lifesaver for almost a year and then I found Indusladies.
    Have posted info about Indusladies in the Orkut community and hoping for more people to join in!!
    A small suggestion to get the number rolling - each member mail 5 other friends who are non-members in this community. Free advertising and each member contributes!!
    Considering the number of existing members, the rate at which the community can grow should be phenomenal. :thumbsup

8. Induslady

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for posting about IndusLadies in ILT in Orkut. Also, appreciate your suggestion of every member of IndusLadies referring atleast 5 non-members. Many of our members have referred their friends and relatives to this community. Originally, that's how we started spreading our name. We believe that way our community gets a credible referal being referred by an existing member who likes the community.

9. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

In order to bring the traffic, we need more exposure.

I hardly see ppl digg, stumble and do other sort of things.

We can stumble or digg all the poems and some useful stuffs in the forum here after. That will definitely increase the traffic towards our forum. There are hundreds of poems and useful things we have in our forum. Lets all start digging and stumble upon.

One more suggestion is members encouragement. We should keep on conducting some competition. For example: Best poem of the month. something like that. This should happen often, This will make the whole forum active and encourage the user. :thumbsup

10. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathy,

I have a suggestion. My uncle is in Melbourne and is the President of FIAV - Federation of Indian Associations of Victoria. FIAV is an umbrella organisation of atleast 25 member indian associations.

When i had a chat with my uncle reg the same, he advised me to provide information on IL so that he can add it on to his website www.uniservices.com.au. USS Australia is a Australian owned company which supports International students in Melbourne.

He also advised me the he can give us links to Australia India Tamil Sangam, Tamil Society of Victoria, Hindu Society of Victoria etc..

Do let me know if you need more infiormation.