Has Anyone Gone Back To India For Good ?

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by EagerForInfo, Feb 8, 2024.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Has anyone gone back to India for good ? Please share details of which school you joined and which location in India you moved to. What are your experiences ? Any advice to others who want to move back to India ?

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

There is section under Forum, Lifestyle, Return to India. Many people returned for good and have different experiences. I Have two teen kids and I now wish I have returned to India when they were in Elementary or middle school. If you have savings then it's good to live in India. But if you have to work for your living then daily commute, pollution, crowd, office politics are problem. If you have support system like your parents, siblings who can help you then it might be doable. There is no loneliness in India. No harm in trying for one year. Think like you are on vacation and try for one year.

Thyagarajan and Thoughtful like this.
  3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the motivating post !

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

To get comprehensive reply it is suggested to post how long you have been staying in US and whether you would with your family members stay independently without your or spouse parents and in which part of India you would like to settle. Each of the metros in India hv different combination of complexities in living! You want to live in apartment or in an independent bungalow within city or in outskirts. Do you want to work as a senior executive and whether your present experience can you sell in indian companies.
    Many of my colleagues preferred to settle with their family in Bangaluru and Hyderabad as they continue to serve their larent american company. Those metros one can get admission for grooming their young kids in international school admission even with hostel facilities. Besides bascic, Kids are trained here on various aspects including equestrian. Admission fees are astronomical but people stand queue to get their ward admitted.
    After tenth in cbse the trend is to shift the boy/girl to state board . This is to ensure to pass with highest total in aggregate that facilitates getting better rank and qualify for admission to dental and medical courses in popular institutes or colleges. Just me 2 cents.

With best wishes . Regards.

5. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

Yes we returned after a decade.My kid joined 7th grade in India IGCSE syllabus.Lige is calm and serene where I live now (south).Torchwood

6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Can you
    Can you please advise how you began looking for schools. And did your kid adjust well ? Any complaints any advice on how to make the transition smooth ?