1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Has any movie changed you outlook ???

Discussion in 'Movies' started by shakambari, Jun 1, 2010.

1. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Mozhi is a really positive film-they show a differently abled person living a normal and happy life-accepting herself the way she is.

I cannot forget Kaviyathalaivi .Sowcar/Gemini masterpiece!

2. HemaSathish

HemaSathish New IL'ite

Angadi Theru has stopped me from grumbling about life and instead, I have started thanking God more for the good life that I have.

I found the movie very disturbing.

3. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Hi shakambari,
    That's a nice topic u have started. This topic seems so relevant these days to me for what my family has been going thro' this past year.. Let me explain.
    My only son decided to quit his engineering in the 2nd yr & we were very disturbed. Almost this time Tare Zamin par was released. Both me & my son realized that he had some of these symptoms & how I had very naturally helped him without realizing it. (none in the family had any remote idea of his probs) & so by the time he came to high school he was scoring above average scores. .......... i salute the makers of TZP :bowdown
    After he quit engineering, 3 idiots was released. It was a like a special lesson for us esp to his unforgiving father. My son cud so much relate to madhavan's character. If ever I get a chance in my life I wud like to personally thank Aamir Khan.

Now my son has found a career of his choice. ANIMATION. He is nearly completing dip in animation from Loyola where he has received great appreciation from his teachers. Now waiting join Bsc animation in Loyola itself.
    vidya

4. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

The movie "Waqt" with Amitabh Bachan really moved me. It was one of my dad's favorite movies.

Kabhi kushi kabhi gam.... about relationships, improved my relationships with some of the people in my life.

Mohabaatein... again another good one.

Heer Ranja... all time favorite!! I watched it with my mom a couple times. We both enjoyed it very much.

5. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

I see movies only for Entertainment and generally, I don't get too involved.

Only two movies affected me and made me keep thinking of it for long long time. Both are Kamal movies ( but I am not really fully Kamal Crazy Fan).

One movie is MAHANADHI . I was terrified and kept getting bad dreams about some bad things happening to my dear son and my dear younger sister. The world seemed very frightening. I realised we have to be so careful whom we trust and what we do.

Second one is " Anbe Sivam" (even though I did not like the "Triangle story" that happened at the end.) I started believing, how uncomplicated life can be if we just give love to all without expecting return.

6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shakambari,
    Nice thread. Ofcourse Angadi theru gives us an opportunity to be empathethic on low paid sales persons. Another recent movie
    RENUGUNTA beautifully paints the lives of prisoners and their end also.
    We can`t even think of the other side of the society which is deprived.
    Good eye opener!

7. shakambari

Thanx for your views,Hema.

Angaadi seemsto have touched many of our hearts.

8. shakambari

Dear Vidya,
    Thanx for your touching Fb.
    I fully empathise wiht your son and you.My nephew is a dyslexic and I know the grind he went thro and in reality it tells on the child as well as the mother.

My best wishes to him.

9. shakambari

Thanx for your fbs,OOpall,Swarna latha and Vidhyalakshmi.