1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Has AGE Got Anything to do with FRIENDSHIP???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi:

Your write up made very good reading and brought back lovely memories. Memories of my one friend (our next door neighbour), who was a grandfather when I was 5 or 6 years old. I remember he played hopscotch with me!! I didn't have to run across the street to play, just knock at his door and he would be ready to play with me.

Age has absolutely nothing to do with friendships. I've had elderly ladies and younger kids as friends. Infact there was a time when I used to wonder why I'm different. No more.

Thanks again for bringing back those times back. Gives me an idea for a story for my children!

Sindhu

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

That was a real interesting post... So shweet nah......... Friendship has no bonds and does not understand this universal rules... It blooms on its own and faces all weathers without loosing a single petal...

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

nice write up, Mals!
    IL is indeed the proof to it, isn't it!

sriniketan

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals,
    I just happened to "stumble across" thie post, which I have missed for the past 4, 5 days.Now, I feel, better late than never.
    I strongly believe in friendship, age & sex no bar (from my end, ofcourse!).
    I always believe that to have good friends, you must be one first.
    My youngest friend is just 21 & my eldest friend is 80. I have a couple of men friends as well, with whom I have no inhibtions. Infact it does not even strike me that they are men & I am a woman.
    But, let me be frank to admit, that in my own building & neighbourhood, I am known as a less friendly person. It is just because, unless the chemistry, call it equation clicks, I do not proceed further.
    If I start listing all the friends, I have made in my 60+ years, my post will become longer than the leader post of yours! Hence, I refrain from doing the same for the benefit of the "readers" here !
    Very enjoyable post, Mals.
    Love,
    Chits.

5. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hey Mals,

Yesterday only i was wondering where are you not read your posts/replies for some time now...or have i missed them.

I too have friends in all categories....more so elderly ones. I feel we get to learn a lot from all of them.

Our immediate family is huge...but luckily i get along with all the kids as well as the great grandmas.

My husband often teases me that my relatives know you more than me and iof they call the first thing they ask is for you and not me even though i pick up the call.

I am not sure whether to call that friendship or bonding....but somethoing positive is sure there.

Roopa.

6. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear malspie,
    I have taken a long time to read this post because initially i read,not satisfied,re read again and have found a word which really inspired me. ""lovely cocoon"".Usually we are comfortable and we are pet and papered by our parents,family.We should not be a cocoon but still we(sometimes ) love to.You have aptly put forth the word.OK stepping back i totally agree with u.Age is not a constraint for friendship.Sometimes we may feel more comfortable with a person who may be much senior or junior to us than with the one who belongs to our age group.So compatibility is what matters here.But many feel otherwise and i have seen many during my college days who hesitate to tell or accept any one as a friend on account of age.....Even i have friends who are much senior or junior to me but still we feel compatible and balanced.

Well written,thanks for sharing.......

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

When friends like you step in, my post bounces with joy... Yes, Yes, care for hoots age and gender... Its just friendship... only friendship...

Thanks dearie...

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chits,,

My post is topped with the right flavour with your splendid reply. You have totally summarized the post by saying we should be a friend first. You are like me Chits, I have friends of all age group, who share their hot secrets with me and innermost sorrows too. I enjoy being a friend and being with a friend. Thanks my dear loving friend for stepping in ... :cheers:cheers

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Roopa,

I liked your mention that your husbands relatives first ask for you and then for him.. The same used to happen with me. My mom's friends would first ask for me and then for my mom not that she was less friendly, but thats the effect I leave on the people whom I meet. Its the divine grace of God who has given this beautiful gift to me and I will treasure it forever.
    I am not much active in IL as I am tied up with work. Will catch up later.
    Thanks friend for looking out for me. I feel blessed to have a friend like you.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Bhargavi for the beautiful words of praise. I am so happy to know there are many life me around who have friends from all age group... Thats what makes life more merrier. What say!!!!!!!

Love