Harmless Home Remedies.

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Digestion solutions?

Dear Mrs.CV,

I have a request.. Could u give me some ideas for how to avoid constipation problems? My husband is having this for a long time and suffers from gas too.. tried some medicines from doctor, nothing seems to be working..

Ur great advice is very much in need.. Please suggest some solutions.

Thanks.

:)
    Selvi.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Selvi, part answer here, part in private mail !

Dear Selvi, I am sure he is drinking plenty of water & including lot of roughage in the diet. Thripala tablets are very good for this - can you get them there ?
    I have a book called "MUDRAS" - Yoga in your hands by Gertrud Hirschi. The website is www.indianbookscentre.com. If you cannot get it, write to me to my id. I shall write the specific mudras for severe constipation. You will find them very useful.
    Love & regards,
    chithra.

3. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.CV,

Thanks for the quick reply!! just wondering how long do u spend answering everyone here in IL? looks like u r everywhere all the time!! Good for us .. :)

I will try for the tablets & book.. Will let u know.

Thanks again!!

:)

4. sumok

sumok New IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

My 5 year old suffers from severe constipation. She has had this since about a year she was born,..I try to insist that she drinks a lot of fluid, try to incorporate lot of fiber in her diet, but being a kid, its sucha task to make her eat.......Doctor says if she eats well, half the problem is solved. After coming to US, I give her mineral oil once a week or so and it works ok, But, I want a permanent solution for this.
    Will the mudras you suggested work her for. I know itmight be tuff to get her do them, but wanted to check out.

Thanks
    Suma

5. sumok

sumok New IL'ite

Pregnancy Kashayams

Dear Mrs Chitra,

Can you post some kashayams for pregnancy, for digestion, lower fuild retnetion and other related ones.

Also can you start a thread for pregnancy special recipes.

Suma

6. Chitvish

Hello Suma !

It is not possible to make a 5 yr old do mudras !
    As you said, modification in the eating habits, like including more fruits is the only solution. Give her regularly big dry variety called "kottai drakshai" in India soaked in water for 2-3 hrs, before going to bed. That generally helps.
    There is a jeera kashayam, ideal to give everyday from the 7th month of pregnancy, which will solve all the problems you have mentioned. I shall post it.
    I am not competent to start a pregnancy special at all, Suma ! I can just give a few tips from experience, thats' all. I shudder to think, how I can answer pregnancy related querieslike a gynaec if I start a thread ! Please don't over estimate me.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

To Selvi...

Hello Selvi,

Just wondered.. Has your husband tried adding pure bran into his diet?? If he could eat about 2-3 tablespoons of it everyday, either incorporated in breakfast cereal or any other food intake or in drink, it will work wonders. Also, you can get linseed at the chemists or wholefood stores for such purposes. That is supposed to be good too. If you have tried them already, then please ignore my post. All the best.

L, Kamla

8. Chitvish

Thankyou, Kamla !

As you wrote, I forgot to mention it in my reply to Selvi. In fact I use bran regularly, mixing with oats, lapsi etc. How to incorporate linseed ? Please let me know.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

No easy way!

Dear Chitra,

Linseed is not taken with food, it has to be swallowed with liquids! Agreed it is not pleasant. But then, if it works, a little bit of inconvenience must be tolerated I guess. I think you get this preperation called 'Isabgol' in India. I know my mother takes it whenever needed and says it is good.

L, Kamla

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear selvi,
    do it the nature cure way....always take a enema until this climate cools off....
    try a wet pack onthe abdomen....and diet filled with fruits and no spice like pickelsthey tend to constipate....try bland diet like kootttu and watery veg and keerai....this should help along with plenty of water.....and buttermilk....regards sunkan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.