1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Valentine's Day - Today, I Want To Tell Myself That I Love Myself

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by cheenu123, Feb 14, 2018.

1. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Dear Members,

Happy Valentine's Day. I'm a chronic sufferer of PCOS and this VT day I have decided to do something for myself, out of love and respect for my body, as well as, emotions. Therefore, I resolve to quit sugar, for good on this day. Making a thread will make me accountable as I will be coming here regularly and updating my progress. As of now, I plan to quit

Table sugar
    Honey
    All artificial sweeteners including Stevia
    Gurr and shakkar

Has anyone of you stopped taking sugar for good? How was your journey?
    Please share your insights

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Happy valentines day cheenu !
    I have stopped all sugar in tea and milk .
    I stopped it one fine day. It was tough. The taste of tea was horrible .it took me about a month to stop hating the sugar less tea and in about 2 months time ,,I started enjoying sugar less tea. It has been 7-8 months now.

I eat sweets two days in a week . Not binging type eating. Just a bite or will have a small bowl of sweet dish. Now I do not get the craving for sweet.

I feel when you get the craving,it is better to have a small portion rather than let the craving increase and then having a big portion.

Like if you crave a bite of chocolate....buy a really small one and eat ...or you can buy ,take a small bit and share it with others .

Love
    Ym.

3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Planning to quit to my sugar intake, i drink chai in the morning, apart from that no sweets on a daily basis....
    Must confess, i have a sweet tooth but have controlled for some extent, because i dont want my dd to pick up the habit....
    I eat roasted peanuts with a piece of jaggery or sometime a bowl of mixed fruits with honey to satisfy my sweet tooth....

Yes @yellowmango the last part is perfect and i do that way.... loved your reply

4. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

I dont drink tea or coffee or cool drinks. So not too much intake of sugar either. However, I do drink milk and stopped adding sugar to it.
    Not a fan of sweets though, but I occassionally and selectively eat them. Need to overcome that too

But if we need to cut off sugar, we need to cut off everything like jams, cakes,biscuits etc which has sugar as its ingredients

5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@cheenu123

A sincere commitment like this or the onset of a disease helps you to quit sugar consumption to a great extent. Once you commit, it is not difficult to quit sugar in tea and coffee. You may treat yourself once a way with your favourite sweet to maintain sanity and satiate cravings. Once you start seeing the results, your resolve will strengthen further. I eat fruits to fix my sweet tooth and also that's is my way of snacking;)

6. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Two words : ground cinnamon

Once you go cinnamon, you don't go back.

It's sweet, tangy, and lowers your blood sugar

Once in a while have dried fruits like dates. High in calories, yet have fiber, and lower blood sugar.

Once you stop sugar, you won't miss it.

And you'll look gorgeous (more gorgeous than you look now!)

7. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

I don't like different variety of sweetthere are few I like so I don't eat much n not a fan of sugar either .. but I have to stop drinking tea ..hope I can stop one fine day

8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Way to go girl !
    It should not be very difficult to quit sugar . Make sure your tea has enough ginger/ elaichi/ Cloves and is flavorful enough so you won’t mind if it’s not sweet.
    I notice that when I go grocery shopping directly from work I end up buying sweets and other junk food. So avoid that. Eat at regular intervals so there are no cravings.

I do treat myself to one sweet , once every couple of months. Maybe one doughnut or a small piece of chocolate. I also have dates in the fridge , goes well with nuts.

My other go to is ripe banana milkshake , blend it with milk ( no sugar) . Tastes delicious.
    Wish you the best in your sugar free journey!

9. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

love its flavour but never thought of substituting with sugar:thumbup:

microtek likes this.