1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Memories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 29, 2020.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yaad na jaye bheethe dinoki jake na aaye jo din
    dil kyo bhulaye , dil kyo bhulaye

Cant forget the lovely school days, working days , cant imagine I worked for 38 memorable years, so many friends, so many bosses, young and old, so many birthdays,so many farewells(for birthdays and farewells I was told to select the card and buy), the picnics weenjoyed with the colleagues and bosses with our family. When we used to have housie in the picnics I had also won. Those train experiences when we used to get the fourth seat in the mornings and that too very rare, the fightings in the train of those who stand at the footboard. Twenty five years in train and after my hip bone fracture in contract bus for 10 yrs are so. In contract bus also we had competitions among the three buses when they completed 10 yrs .Most of the time one mama used to bring snacks for us. During Navrathri we visited his house. The first Navratri in the contract bus I invited everyone to my house and they all came int he evening.That was an unforgettable event.We used to play some games in the evening in the contract bus ,also housie, many timeI have one housie, we used to order for snacks and have. My fiftieth birthday was celebrated grand in the bus, evening cake cutting was also there.

So many sweet memories are there which cant be forgotten

Giri12 likes this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Kudos to sister @iyerviji for bringing out a nice post with a Cine song* for introduction of her post here brings out memories of my dad when he was associated with distribution of this movie in North India which kept him away from us for seven long months.

Rafi sang for Shanker Jai Kishan in DIL Ek mandir - a melody in rag kirawani
    is playing this DIL Ek Mandir - a remake in Hindi from Tamil nenjil or aalayam by late director Sreedhar was a flop in terms of box office yet this particular song and other moments in the movie very poignant. I watched this movie at least ten times then in theatre little ANAND at chennai.

You have in this story made housewife readers envious as to how they were deprived of those pleasure of commuting with office colleagues in rush & push in local trains & celebration of your golden jubilee year in omnibus including cake cut.
    Reminiscing those days in Mumbai about which I recounted in response to another post some time ago which you nominated that won a best accolade for me.
    Thanks and Regards.