Happy Birthday Mrs.Meeta!!

Discussion in 'Birthday' started by Meenaneelakantan, Mar 17, 2008.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear most Meeta ma'am,

Hope your day was great and had your wishes fulfilled.

May the Almighty bless you whole heartedly to and give you the strength to face all the challenges !!

:party:party:birthday:birthday:birthday:birthday:birthday

Do kindly accept my very small gift which is passed on straight from a heart to another !!

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

<center>[​IMG]</center>

2. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello meeta

candles galore
    colourful and bright
    some sparkling
    some gold
    some tall
    some in tea cups
    all waiting anxiously
    to be lit
    by dear meeta
    many many happy returns of the day

sathya

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hey meeta,
    i thought i have wished u looks like not yet, may god bless u dear with health and wealthy and loving years ahead..sunkan[​IMG]

4. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Thank you ramya, Sathya and Sundari ma'am for all your wishes......

Ok, as I have a little time today from my work, let me put in words what we did in my b'Day......

As it was on Monday, so we had our party (with frds) on Sunday (16th March)....
    For snacks, we had vegetable patties,(it was really awesome.....I had tried this just one day before for launch and it was so gr8 that I thought to make it as a snack before launch)......also, I had made chaat.....and some mocktails (peach-strawberry)
    I had made naan, matar paneer, fried rice, channa masale, curd rice, vegetable manchurian, raita, aloo bhuji (its hubby's fav, so he made this himself).....
    and in non veg......hubby made chicken tikka masala........
    Now in sweet dish, we had fruit custard and cheese cake.....(this cheese cake is an Oriya version of sweet)......
    And we had lots of fun on that day with frds.
    Now hubby brought my B'Day cake in the Sunday afternoon.....it was a black-forest cake with all the goodies I love...
    Then, he said that as we had to wake up early in the morning for office, we will cut the cake in the morning and then go to office.......I had no problem with that....so i went to sleep.......I was tired, so went to sleep really early.......just 10 mins before midnight, hubby started waking me up.......when I woke up, he called me to living room.......there he had lighted three scented red candles (as this was my 3rd B'Day after marriage) and one big heart-shaped candle (it has two heart joined and an arrow).....
    I was looking like a real Jombie in the night suit and uncombed hair.....without make-up...
    Then he asked me to cut the cakes.......we forgot blow off the candles.......and he also needs to take pics of candles and cake .......
    I don't know......it was his plan to take pics in dark.....then he gave me a big knife (it was a chef's knife and when i asked him to get a small one.....he started questioning me which one....and I was so lazy to get another beautiful knife, I said, I'll manage with this one)to cut the cake........
    Then he took photographs..asking me to smile.......and deleting many of them because I was looking like a dreadful soul......finally he managed to get some OK OK pictures........
    And I had enough of the cake (even in the midnight)..........and then blew off the candles and went to sleep.
    Next morning, on my B'Day, I woke up early as I had to mix-match dresses/jwelleries/shoes and I may need more time in doing that.......after finishing my daily routine, I did offer Puja to jagannathji.......and tried all the 4 pairs of dresses (which were left from the seven sets), and I choose one Blue formal pant and a Lilac turtle-neck sweater to go with it......one pearl stud with matching bracelet......(it was my mom's gift during my india visit)... by that time hubby had done with his work too......and we left for office........
    In my office me and another frd has our B'Day, so we shared the same cake.....some cookies.......again it was fun......
    In the evening.......me and hubby went to India Garden.......had a heartful of food......my tummy has became so big by that time.........then.......came back home visiting baskins robins on the way (it is my fav ice-cream parlour)........
    End of my B'day........I feel that I had gained 4 pound with all those cakes and ice-cream........and wish to do some push-ups for a few days to take my tummy back to his position...........it is like my tummy is taking its revenge on me as I had put overload on it........and it has come outwards so that all my eating habits can be told to everybody........
    Sorry for this big description.......
    Regards.

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Many More Yummy, err. sorry Happy returns of the day, Meeta :)

After reading your post, I felt like I gained 5 pounds :)

6. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

thank you nandhu,
    you felt like gaining wt. but actually I gained wt.
    And since last week, I am eating and eating stuffs like these......the left out cakes......chocolates and other gifts from frds......