1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happiness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Gem, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Gem

Gem New IL'ite

For a long time I was chasing or looking for happiness outside - in friends, achieving goals, buying things. But I always felt something missing. There was also a disatisfaction in my heart. Finally I realised that happiness is not only a state of mind but it is also within you not outside you.

I have learnt to keep a quiet mind and quiet tongue and, I find more peace within me. It has made me an observant person. I am able to understand people better. I feel that I have learnt a great lesson in learning to be a quiet person with quiet mind.

:)

1 person likes this.

2. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Gem,
    I completely agree with you. I think that it's all in the mind. If we want to be happy, we will be happy. I have realized that if I should not keep any negative thoughts or feelings. And things automatically fall in place. Thinking positive makes us happy. Also to let go off somethings in life makes life easier. If we keep dragging things, for example, somebody said something or did something against you and you keep it in your mind all the time. That would only affect you and your happiness. I read in one of the posts in IL that our mind is a huge database but time to time we need to cleaup all the useless and worthless things from this database. If we practise this regularly, we will be much more happy :-D
    Want to share this nice article :
    Top 10 Secrets to Being HAPPY!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  3. Gem

Gem New IL'ite

Hi Monsi,
    Thanks for the 10 tips and yes, we should think positively for it's our own mental perception that makes the world around us happy or otherwise.

4. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Monsi,

Thanks for the article 10 secrets. :) And what you said was true positive
    thinking makes one happy.

madhu

1 person likes this.