Happiness Poll:Working women families India/USA Vs Non Contributing Wives Families

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by ManuuRaghuu, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

Re: Happiness Poll:Working women families India/USA Vs Non Contributing Wives Familie

Dear Muzna,

Thanks again for your response.
    I can very well understand your sigh bonk...even i undergo the same experience sometimes...Who knows in future you may surprise everyone around you by your "own money"...i just wanted to highlight what i learnt and felt about monetary things after marriage....nothing else dear!

Hope all your wishes and dreams come true...:thumbsup

Best Wishes,
    ManuuRaghuu

2. ManuuRaghuu

Re: Happiness Poll:Working women families India/USA Vs Non Contributing Wives Familie

Dear GPriya,

Am very delighted to receive inputs from members like you...Thanks a lot for visiting my thread and taking time to respond and giving your inputs.I totally agree with you on points like husband's responsibility and support in his wive's decision of staying at home if she wants to.

Yes in today's world where once considered a luxury is becoming an essential ...there is a need for both wife and husband to work for fulfilling their needs apart from satisfying their career ambitions and there is only a fraction of single income families who do well with only one living(men's) even in the countries like the US...and I wonder what can be limit!

Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

3. ManuuRaghuu

Dear Varloo,

Sorry for the late reply.Thanks a lot for visiting my thread and for sharing your life experience...I sincerely wish that all your dreams are fulfilled..you deserve it...

Enjoy your time...:thumbsup

Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

4. ManuuRaghuu

Dear Shvap_786,

Sorry for the late reply.Thanks for visiting my thread and for sharing your views.After reading to so many women i feel that happiness is a relative term and entirely depends on a women and her family as how she wants to lead her life.

I truly appreciate your decision of staying back at home for taking care of your family and wish you good luck and happiness.

Regards,:thumbsup
    ManuuRaghuu

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hi all, I am probably one of the exceptions here - I am a working woman with a 3 year old and I am expecting my 2nd one in 5 months. I am genuinely happy with my situation. Of course some of my days are better than others (don't we all have bad hair days?), but I don't feel my son is seriously dis-attached or anything like that by going to day care. In fact, I feel that I am a better mom when I am able to spend time with him because I am happier this way. Of course when the second one is born it may be a little difficult, but we usually ease into a schedule/rhythm in a while.

I sometimes would like to spend more time on cooking, festivals etc, but I would infinitely prefer a busy, packed day to a slow day - maybe that is just me :)

Count me as voting for #1!

6. ManuuRaghuu

Hi Pavarun,

Thanks for visiting the thread and also for voting..,infact i couldnt post the poll:)...Good to know that you are leading a happy & contended life as a mom and also as a working woman.I sincerely wish you happiness and good luck in your life.Also wishing you a happy & safe pregnancy in advance...:wave

Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

7. hemlatan

hemlatan New IL'ite

I am a working mother from Mumbai.
    I stay with my husband and kid only, my in-laws and my parents are not staying near by me.
    Hence I have to take care of my home as well as my job. and its too tedious.
    Everyday i get very tired. On weekends I clean my home, arrange cupboards and all. So for me working after having a kid is very tiring and frustrating.
    Actually I cannot give my 100% to my job neither to my home, it makes me very frustrated. I cannot accept promotions as it needs long working hours which I cannot afford as I m in software[IT], so you can imagine.
    I keep my kid in creche which worries me sometimes as noone can look after your kid better than yourself, but i dont have any choice.

So I strongly feel, woman who are in situation like me are better to be at home as home maker if possible. Their kid and husband will be very happy.

8. manjuCB

manjuCB New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

This is such an interesting poll. I am currently a full time homemaker and i am very happy to be one. I have two kids and i hav a wonderful time doing things together with them and waiting on them. It sounds kinda sentimental but its true that being a mother has made me understand why mothers always wait for us to return home from school, why they fuss over food and all. My kids want me to be at home, they dont want me to go back to work.

But then, every once in a while i wonder if its the right thing to do. Especially in this economy, i wonder if its better to hav both spouses working to ensure a financially sound future for kids. Any opinions anyone??I really would like to hear the experiences of working women. Please feel free to discuss about the pros and cons of your decisioin. And thanx for starting an interesting and much needed topic manuu.

9. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,
    I am a homemaker. I am enjoying a lot for that. Before marriage I was working. But after marriage, I have decided not to go for a job . I would like to take care of my childrens, and my DH......... with my level best and to upbring my childrens......... to a very good level. I am happy with what my DH is earning......... living economically......... leading a happy life. :thumbsup

10. krsri79

krsri79 Senior IL'ite

Hi

The answer to the question which u have asked will differ from person to person.And as far as im concerned i would like to list out the following.

There are some advantages and disadvantages on both the sides. Some of the advantages and disadvantages of working women are 1) They can be independent , 2) If they want to help their family or if they want to spend something they can do it by themselves, 3) They can lead a good life compared to non contributing women, 4)Sometimes even help their husbands during financial crisis.

On the other hand 1) They may not have time to spend together, 2) They may not be able to bring up their child by themselves and will need to depend on somebody(a creche or some caretaker whatever it may be), 3) they may not be in a position to spend time with their children etc

All the above said advantages of a working women are considered to be a disadvantage for a non contributing women and all the disadvantages of a working women can be considered as an advantage for non contributing women.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009