Hanuman Pooja

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by kavinarayan, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Nalinirajali

Nalinirajali New IL'ite

Dear Vishalikanagu

Please find herewith pdf version of Hanuman kolam. I tried to do it in paint brush to the best of mine:biglaugh

Hope you will do it better.

Regards
    Nalini Rajalingam:):hiya

Attached Files:

2. shilpabiligi

shilpabiligi New IL'ite

hello Mam,

I wanted to ask u, wat should be kept daily for Naivedyam and wat should be done with photo after 45 days. can i worship the same hanuman photo as all gods in Puja room.Do we have to light Ghee lamp on all 45 days .
    Pls reply:bowdown

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  3. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Nalini,
    Thanks for sharing. Small Doubt. After three circles you drawn arch as eight. Is it eight or nine.Do we need to draw this kolam daily or on tuesday, thursday and satrday? Kindly clarify.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  4. Nalinirajali

Nalinirajali New IL'ite

Dear Priya,

After 3 circles you have to draw 8 petals. It represents 8 directions...(to the best of my knowledge). I use to draw the kolam daily for the entire 45 days...each and every day I will clean the pooja room and the kolam. I will clean the aradhana plate, vilakku, bell and other pooja utensils on Monday and Thursday...(during late night). This is because my mother use to tell me that we should not clean the pooja utensils on Tuesday and Friday..(don't know the reason behind this...:confused2:)

Thanks and Regards,

5. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Nalini,

Thanks for your clarification. I am not doing 45 days pooja. Can we draw for daily pooja? I also clean my pooja items on thrusday after 8.00Pm

6. Nalinirajali

Nalinirajali New IL'ite

Dear Priya,

This Hanuman Kolam is particularly used while doing Hanuman Pooja. For daily pooja you can draw other simple kolams.

I have attached some simple kolam patterns for you:thumbsup

Try it out

Regards,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  7. Nalinirajali

Nalinirajali New IL'ite

Priya,

Some more patterns for you

Nalini Rajalingam :):hiya

Attached Files:

8. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Dear Nalini

thanks for your kolam infos.
    just curious, i normaly do special pooja for Lord Hanuman on saturday..
    take fasting and tie betel malai/garland & prepare neivedhiyam for Lord Hanuman..

can i draw this Hanuaman Kolam on saturday for Lord Hanuman...??

one more quiestion, heard from my sil that Thursday is auspicious day for Lord Hanuman but my in-laws being practicing do special pooja for Lord
    Rama and Lord Hanuman on Saturdays.. can u advice me in this matter..?

pls advice !

9. Nalinirajali

Nalinirajali New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRAJALI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.astrology-body {mso-style-name:astrology-body;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Dear Bambli,

Basically I don't know anything about great matters of doing pooja and keeping Vrat which has several meanings. Hope His blessings will be there to know all these at least in near future.

Actually Hanuman Vrat can be performed in 3 days ie Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Lord Hanuman was born on the full moon day of the month Chaitra on Tuesday. That is why, every year when Chaitra month's full moon day arrives, his birth-day is ceremonised, which is called shri Hanuman Jayanti and Tuesday is considered very auspicious day to worship Hanumanji. Mangalvar Vrat is observed by those couples who wish to have a son. Other benefits include happiness in the family. Those who undertake the fast on Tuesdays only take a single meal. It is a whole day fast. The single meal on the day is usually any food made of wheat and jaggery. Most people observe the fast for 21 Tuesdays without a break. People wear red colored clothes on the day and offer red flowers to Lord Hanuman. It is believed that Lord Hanuman will help his devotees in overcoming difficulties in life especially those that arises from the activities of Mars.

Another day that is dedicated to Lord Hanuman in a week is Thursday. This is more popular in <st1:place w:st="on">South India</st1:place>.

Some devotees also observe Hanuman Vrat on Saturday. People who are under the bad influence of Lord Shani observe fast on Saturday. It is believed that Lord Shani does not trouble those people who are worshipers of Lord Hanuman.

Auspicious days dedicated to Lord Ram are auspicious to Lord Hanuman too. Hanuman has often said in scriptures that he is more pleased with those devotees who worship Lord Ram.

So, don't have the confusion of whether to perform the vrat and puja on Thursday or Saturday. Any day is good day if you have love and bhakthi towards Him.

I think I have given a big lecture:crazy

Thanks for your patience in reading this:-D

10. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Dear Nalini,

thanks for your kind and patience explanation..
    u are 100% correct... no matter which day we do pooja.. it's only matter the love and faith we have towards Lord Hanuman. Right ??

I will continue my practice doing my pooja for Lord Hanuman on saturdays.
    anyway i take fasting and do special pooja on tuesday for Lord Murugan and Parvati Amma & on thursdays for LOLO (my pet name for lord Vinayaka) and Babaji.

So i can include Lord Hanuman's mantra during my pooja on Tuesdays and Thursday from today onwards..

thanks again..

anyway u forget to answer my wuestion about the KOLAM !!!
    "can i draw this Hanuaman Kolam on saturday for Lord Hanuman...??"