Hamirsar Lake

Discussion in 'Western India' started by rajnipatel, Oct 8, 2009.

1. rajnipatel

rajnipatel New IL'ite

Koteshwar Temple

Ravana had dropped the “Shivalinga” in arrogant haste. It had fallen to earth at Koteshwar. To rebuke Ravana for his casual attitude, the “linga” turned into a thousand identical copies. Ravana was unable to distinguish the original. He grabbed one and departed. He left the original one at Koteshwar. The Koteshwar Temple was built around the original “linga”.

We enjoyed our visit to the temple. The walk along the beach was refreshing and soothing. As evening turned into night, the clear sky mesmerized us. We were thrilled to have glimpses of the glow of lights from Karachi, on the northwestern horizon.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  2. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

Vijay Vilas Palace

I would like to share my trip in and around Mandvi-Kutch. My B.A. final year exams were over and I teamed up with a couple of my cousins and started my tour around Mandvi. We visited the Vijay Vilas Palace.

This palace was built in 1929, by Rao Vijayrajji. This palace is maintained beautifully. One of my cousins told this palace was often a scene of filming for Bollywood productions.

Vijay Vilas Palace was built of red sandstone. The design followed the Rajput style. It has a main central dome accompanied by Bengal domes at the sides and bastions at the corner.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009