1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Haircut For 2c Hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by anivijay, Jun 19, 2020.

1. anivijay

anivijay Silver IL'ite

@startinganew ,thanks for sharing. Never heard..I'll give a try.

2. hermitcrab

hermitcrab Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @blindpup10
    I get Kreatin treatment, it works very good for me. Makes it just right. Last few weeks I am contemplating to go get it done (risking covid).
    Will try this now.

3. blindpup10

blindpup10 Finest Post Winner

How do you manage washing without shampoo when you apply oil?
    I enjoy applying oil, soaking in it, and taking a long bath sometimes in oil.
    Growing up I used this as hair shampoo Sige Kayi and Chigare Pudi- Ayurvedic Shampoo and Conditioner

I still love to use this, its just hard to find in Indian store or getting it from India :(
    Out of convenience I use shampoo and conditioner, given a choice I will revert back to this powder.

4. startinganew

startinganew Finest Post Winner

I don't apply oil to my hair regularly. Only when I think it feels dry - which is quite rare now. Maybe - once in a few months if I spend too much time under the sun. In my case I think it was shampoo that was drying out my hair and making it so rough to touch. And then I was "fixing" the dryness with a variety of expensive conditioners. I still do have thick strands of hair but it doesn't feel rough to the touch. Now I feel like my scalp produces enough natural oils to keep my hair conditioned. So just warm water showers. When I use henna + indigo to color my hair AND I need to head out to be with people outside my home, I wash my hair with conditioner just to over power the smell of indigo which is strong. My family has gotten to use to the smell of indigo for the first 2 days. (there's also a thing called "CO wash" - or conditioner only wash. these folks skip shampoo altogether because it can be very drying for some hair types)

On a related note, I do apply oil to my body in winter and once again wash off with just warm water (no soap). Initially it felt very odd to shower without soap. I totally believed that my skin would feel super oily. But it doesn't - some oil gets absorbed and skin ends up feeling super soft. I was also able to skip moisturizer because of this. My cracked heels though still need some magic that I am yet to find :)

Rihana, Dobby and blindpup10 like this.
  5. Dobby

Dobby Silver IL'ite

@startinganew could you pls share your no shampoo hair care routine. I would like to try.
    OP sorry for hijacking the thread.

6. startinganew

startinganew Finest Post Winner

My routine is quite simple. At first, I just stopped shampoo abruptly. And then used only conditioner every time I "washed" my hair. Hair felt super oily for a few weeks - this was expected from what I had read so I didn't mind. Then maybe after 2 months, I stopped using conditioner also. So after a hair wash with just warm water, I air-dry and comb my hair as usual. I am in the US now, even when I went back home for a couple of months in Summer, I didn't see the need to get back to using shampoo (I thought I might because I spent a lot of time walking and in autos + heat + grime), I just took warm/cold showers + hair wash often (not the once-in-a-week routine I had when growing up at home.).

(Personal win: I realized I spent time/money/effort on choosing shampoo/conditioner and using them faithfully. But my belief now is that I was introducing a problem: "drying out my hair with shampoo" and then solving it with conditioner+ironing+blow-drying+hairpacks)

If you would like to try it out, do read about "water-only" wash and then go for it. Just so you can read about others experiences also instead of just mine. I think there was an IL thread also about no soap/shampoo sometime ago.

Dobby, blindpup10 and Rihana like this.
  7. Dobby

Dobby Silver IL'ite

@startinganew thanks for sharing. Will read more about it.

startinganew likes this.