Haircare Products Links

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by gknew, Dec 30, 2022.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I am not into much of hair styling and makeup.
    I never bought more branded or skincare products. Just stick with moisturizer and sunscreen. That's it.

I had good volume of hair when I was in India. I lost almost 70 percent of my hair after I moved to the US. I did see different doctors for this and they couldn't find what's the reason for the hairfall.

I even cut my hair like Bob cut,pixie cut in the last few years because of hairfall frustration.
    I didn't cut hair for almost an year and had a hair cut( shorter one) last week.

I never do any styling at home. In the salon, they did shampoo and blow out after cutting. I never done blow out before. It gives a very soft and smooth texture to my hair.
    I have a very frizzy hair and small hairs on the top of the head which looks like crown lol.
    So the blow out controlled all those frizziness and it was so soft& smooth.

Can we do that at home? I did see what they were using. They were using a round comb and hair dryer. 2 products.

I googled about the smoothening products. Anyone using these products? Please share if you have any suggestions.

I also heard about leave in conditioner from the stylist. I use tresemme shampoo and conditioner. But that's not leave in conditioner.

Is there any serum or spray we need to use before styling or blow out?

Also, any recommendations for simple makeup. Just to look neat everyday. I am totally not into this and always avoid makeup. Just go out with moisturizer but skin have some pigmentations and dark circles. So face always look so dull.
    This is the product
    REVLON One-Step Volumizer Enhanced 1.0 Hair Dryer and Hot Air Brush | Now with Improved Motor (Black) https://a.co/d/7XDfFJy

Admin,I am not sure if this post fits in here. Please move the post if it's not appropriate here in this sub.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The Revlon product you linked gets rapturous reviews from the women on my local city forum. I don’t use it personally as I let my hair airy dry, but people seem to love it. Another product that is popular is the Dyson air wrap, but that is a serious expense.
    As for makeup, I do eyeliner, shadow, mascara, blush and lip color for everyday wear. It sounds like a lot but it takes just a few minutes to put together.
    I have had good luck finding suitable shades in the Fenty Beauty line, designed for women of color. It is affordable and widely available.

gknew likes this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

How do you feel your hair in winter?
    I never air dry the hair in winter as I have sinus issues and I have to dry the wet hair soon. I do air dry one or two times during the summer. I will just go for walk immediately after the shower to dry the hair.
    In winter, it's hard for me to dry the hair inside the house. Do you use any fan?

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

My hair is not as thick as it used to be, and I keep it just around shoulder length now. So it dries quite quickly. I just wrap the thin Indian cotton towel around it. Then I put a couple of drops of oil(coconut, jojoba or argan) on the damp hair, comb and let it dry. It reduces the frizz and keeps it soft.

drdiva and gknew like this.
  5. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

I am assuming you are using chlorine filter for your shower. Its makes a difference for hair loss

Thyagarajan and gknew like this.
  6. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Yes I am using the chlorine filter. I am using it for past few years and no difference in my hair loss. I have lost so much of my hair and it's so thin now. I get many strands if I wash my hair.

7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I have had some luck with stopping hair loss by taking a multivitamin, biotin, vitamin D and also making sure my iron levels are normal and my TSH stays under 2.5.

8. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Yeah I agree with this. My thyroid levels are normal but I have to check if tsh is under 2.5.

My vitamin d is very low and it was 11 when I checked for the first time in 2017. Been on high dose supplements since then. Every year my Dr check it and it's still low. It's 25 now. I have been taking very high dose D till now. They couldn't find why the D is not absorbed in my body. I am not very sure if Low vit D is related to hair loss.
    I am not taking biotin.may be I should try that.

9. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

I am assuming you have no digestion problems and you are taking Vit D after food right? Because Vit D is absorbed in the gut. After food is the best way as vit D needs the pancreatic juices to work on it to be absorbed.

Take a course of probiotic yogurt [maybe for 10 days] to better your digestion and absorption.

10. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I have faced the same issue, low vitamine D absorbtion, due to gut issues. Try cod liver oil ( contains A, D, omega3 )in addition to vitamin D. That helped me.

Any one has suggestion on scalp moisturiser, not oil based?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    gknew likes this.