1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Straightener..Problem and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Sashmitaa, Jun 28, 2007.

1. SofiaPeterson

SofiaPeterson New IL'ite

Your post is very informative. I am happy to find so many good points here regarding straightening of wavy hair.

2. Smile30

Smile30 Silver IL'ite

Can anyone suggest some good diet for a healthy hair ??

3. geethasuresh87

geethasuresh87 New IL'ite

If you like to hurt your hairs then go for straightener.. This is not good for hairs

4. jasspaul

jasspaul New IL'ite

It is unhealthy to use. Don't use it more as it will spoil your hair and you will loose hair. You can tie down your hair at night or relaxed.

5. Stephanie08

Stephanie08 Bronze IL'ite

Yes, hair straighteners are not good for our hair, they damage our hair and make them thin and worse we might lose our hair. i have very long hair down to my waistline and i just treat my hair with hot oil using coconut oil or moroccan oil at least once a month and of course I comb my hair before going to bed at least 100 strokes.

6. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

where can we get morrocon oil in India?

7. nicolamedlin

nicolamedlin New IL'ite

Hair straighter will give make your hair very straight and makes to look so good, but its not a permanent thing and on the next day your hair will be normal. you can go for permanent hair straightening which can be done through chemicals but for sure you will have some side effects.

8. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

Have you ever Tried straightening your hair, if you are trying to straighten the hair for the first time, than please shampoo and condition yr hair and after the hair is semi dry use livon or garnier, hair serum than when hair is completely dry, than use the straightener as yr hair is curlky you may take a little more tiume to straighten it, but it will be sorted and you will look prettty

9. Stephanie08

Stephanie08 Bronze IL'ite

I suggest you should always use heat protectant if you want to iron your hair. Protecting your hair from the heat of the straightening iron may prevent damage to your hair. But still do not straighten your hair with the use of iron everyday. You can also try commercially made straightening shampoo and conditioner.

10. LisaFritz

LisaFritz New IL'ite

My sister has really curly and frizzy hair and she is too lazy to manage them. Last year she had a nice hair cut and she would start straightening hem up whenever she had to leave the house. By now she has really damaged her hair and they look so lifeless and limp. She just discontinued straightening them after my mom intervened.