1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Straightener..Problem and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Sashmitaa, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Re: want to straight hair

Hi ladies,

i have staright and silky hair, i can't do any hairstyle or curl them as after 1/2hour they will be back to normal. my hair is just too straight.

You can straighten hair byblowdrying themstraight, i do that to my younger sis she has very very curly hair

alpa

2. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

style ur hair then apply hair spray to hold =D

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

I do not like using hairspray, i only use it when i am attending formal dinners or when i have to give aspeech in our formal dinners.
    thanks for the tip
    alpa

4. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Review: Sedu flat iron (US)

I bought the Sedu hair iron (1.5") at Folica after reading rave reviews. I was expecting it to work miracles!! Maybe my expectations were so high that it did fall a little short.

The good: It is ceramic - tourmaline and really soft on your hair. It doesn't pull my hair like my old con-air (the one I bought in wal-mart for $25). Hair stays straight even after sleeping over it. My hair feels soft; and a little shiny too (I use the chi-silk infusion before ironing..the shine maybe because of the Sedu, or the chi, or both)

The bad: It gets really hot on the outside of the plates! (This was mentioned in the reviews though! only I didn't realize how much of a pain it is unless you use it) And the design is so that you cannot hold it far away from the plates either. I first held it in the middle part of the iron - ouch! my palm got pinched in between the bottom ends of the iron.. Well, maybe I didn't know how to hold it properly.

Bottom line: It doesn't work miracles with your hair. But it is still good because of the technology it uses; and hair stays straight...

I guess there are other straighteners priced lesser (Like the Solia or the Chi) which work the same.

I am keeping this Sedu. But if it breaks, I will probably get the Solia.

Cheers,
    Vids

5. rvasugi

rvasugi New IL'ite

Re: Review: Sedu flat iron (US)

hi vids,

I am in thinking of getting one nice hair starightener. But i dont have any idea about this. Here in muscat i search for this brand and try to get one.

6. Lalitha_K

Lalitha_K New IL'ite

Re: Hair Straightening : Bad for hair?

In long run hair straightening is definitely bad...i know so much of these girls who have made this mistake or if u do take care post straightening.

7. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Straightening shuldne be done evryday and chemical straightning leads to really bad hair loss

8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I accept that chemical straightening leads to very bad hair loss.....I did hair straightening when I was in Bangalore.Itz a very good parlour and they r experienced hair stylists...

I felt very good after straightening my hair and everybody started appreciating me for beautiful hair blah..blah..But after 3 mnths or so I realised that I have started loosing hair after my straightening.

Terrible,Now I repent for that....Wish I didn't do that..I had such a lovely thick black hair....Not only that the chemicals turned my hair light brown color,my hair is also thin now.....

Think twice or thrice before going for hair straightening...

9. reema_gupta

reema_gupta New IL'ite

HI Jyothi,

Iron hair straightening will look good on your hair but it will effect bad way, it's better if you'll do hair bonding or straightning in parlour because now days most of the parlours are using L'Oreal products & L'oreal is a best product for Hair.

10. bornfree78

bornfree78 New IL'ite

re: Hair straightener recommendations

Hi,

GHD is the way to go. Fabulous results. Everyone I know loves it. In the long run it still will cause hair damage just like any other brand of straightner, but until then you enjoy above-average results :thumbsup

Bornfree