1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Loss/Fall Questions & Solutions for hair growth

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by simi, Apr 1, 2005.

Is it easy home remedy

Poll closed Mar 2, 2009.
  1. yes

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no idea

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasgeorge

jasgeorge New IL'ite

hair fall

Hi Vijee
    Tq for replying to my query. First time I'm hearing of betelnuts for hair. Is that the brown stuff they put on the leaves and chew? Do you soak the henna overnight? And lastly, is it okay to use the 'Haseena' henna leave powder? I'm not sure why my scalp itches so much. I'm taking Latha advise for now.
    Appreciate all the help I can get.
    Regards and have a nice day.
    Jas

2. rojaramesh2005

rojaramesh2005 New IL'ite

hair loss

Hi everyone,

iam living in uk. I have hair loss (from starting)from two months.How can reduce my hair loss.Present iam using Dabur vatika hair oil and shampoo is head&shoulders.pls help me.

Thanks in advice,
    Roja.

3. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

Re: hair loss

Hi roja,

A problem that is faced by most people in today's world is hair falling. Does your hair fall a lot? Some of the reasons for hair fall are the following:
    * Illness
    * Poor diet
    * Too much work
    * Perming
    * Over-exposure to the sun
    * Tension
    * Amateur bleaching
    * Too frequent and inexpert use of tints, rinses or other
    Here is a list of few points that you could follow to prevent hair loss.
    * Using of Brahmi Amla Oil, promotes hair growth.
    * Regular shampooing of hair also reduces hair loss. Shampooing your hair will help you keep is clean and healthy.
    * Water - Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water daily.
    * Shampoo and condition your hair twice a week. While washing ensure that you rinse out the conditioner completely or else there will be residue left that will make your hair look dull and limp.
    * Hair is made of protein, so have a high protein diet and along with that take a good intake of fruits, vegetables and dairy products.
    * Iron should be an important vitamin in your diet. Lack of iron in the body will make your hair look dull and lifeless. The best intake of iron is spinach.
    * Lack of Vitamin B causes dandruff, hair loss and grey hair might also be encouraged. This vitamin is important as it gives colour and thickness to your hair.
    * Have an adequate amount of Vitamin E. This vitamin promotes hair growth.
    * Eat food rich in zinc. Zinc prevents hair loss and graying of hair.
    * You diet should include lots of fruits and vegetables high in Vitamin C. This vitamin ensures the health of capillaries supplying blood to hair follicles.
    * Intake of nuts, like cashewnuts and peanuts, whole milk and beans contain good amount of copper. Intake of copper should be high as this stops hair from falling.

All the best,
    Vidisha :wave

4. rojaramesh2005

rojaramesh2005 New IL'ite

Hi,

Thank you very much for ur reply.I will try to follow these&let u know.

5. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Hi Roja,

you might want to check out this site

The Long Hair Community - Basic Hair Care Tips for Newbies and others

just few days back I read a post in the above forum about how to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss. It was a very good post but was not able to find it today (forgot to bookmark it :icon_frown: )

but any way wrote down the following supplements to take (they are available at GNC stores in US)

1. Ultra Nourishair vitamins
    2. MSM pills
    3. Silica Pills
    4. evening primrose oil pills
    5. flax seed oil pills

and to use queen helenes mint julep shampoo for washing hair(available at sally's beauty supplies in US.

One tip is you need a quarter size amount of shampoo to wash medium length hair and never to apply shampoo directly onto the scalp. First lather it in your hands and then only apply this lather to the hair.

the above forum has lots of posts on proper care for hair.

If you find the post I am referring (with all the hair vitamins), will appreciate if you can post the link here

6. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

Dear roja
    pl stop usage of ur dabur hair oil and head and shoulder shampoo first.
    try to use a softner shampoo with netural ph value like trigane .
    oil massage ur hair with warm oil and shampoo next day after which u can condition ur hair also.
    take a vitamin tablet with zinc combination daily
    a biotin tablet is also required for ur hair
    did u hear of something call minidoxil solution brand name like tugain,mintop,pilogrow,morr etc u have to use 2% only daily one ml on ur scalp twice and withdraw the same after one or two months slowly u wil find gud difference in ur hair loss .

7. cuetypiein

cuetypiein New IL'ite

Balding in the front

Hey people,
    I am 26 yr old woman, mother to a 1.9 yr old girl. For the past 1 year I ve noticed that i am losing hair in the front, especially when i part my hair or when i stand directly under bright light i can c tiny areas where there is significant hair loss. I feel extremely conscious when i stand under bright lights. I dont tie my hair very tightly, have not coloured my hair but still this problem. I never suffered too much of hair loss after delivery. My hair loss was very normal. But these days I feel so conscious when i luk at my hair. Has anyone experienced this problem?

8. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Re: Balding in the front

Dear Sri,

Hair loss is a big worry to many people, both male and female. If you have a worrying amount of hair in the basin after shampooing, you may think you are on the way to baldness. But this is not usually the case. The 50–100 hairs that everyone loses each day often become tangled with the rest of the hair, but are washed out when we shampoo. So we see what seems like a lot of hair in the basin after shampooing, but in reality these hairs have been shed earlier.
    Of course, bald areas are an obvious sign of hair loss, but otherwise it can be difficult to tell whether your hair is getting thinner. To find out, try the ‘tug test’. Hold a small bunch of hair – about 15 or 20 hairs – between the thumb and index finger. Pull slowly and firmly. If more than six hairs come out there may be a problem.

Excessive hair loss can occur if any of the stages of hair growth become disrupted. For example, if follicles shut down (meaning that they stay in the resting phase and then shed the hair) instead of growing new hairs, there will be less hair on the head.
    Another reason might be interference with the formation of new hair cells at the root during the growing phase; this occurs with some anticancer drugs. If follicles have been destroyed (as they might be by, for example, a burn or by some skin diseases), there will be baldness in that area.

An individual can also look bald if the hairs are growing but are so fragile that they break just as they emerge from the follicle, or if they are very small and thin.

What ever may be the reason, i would suggest you to have a visit to a doc associated treating hair loss or a dermatologist

Wish you Good Luck:2thumbsup:

Cheers :wave
    Ramya

9. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi Srividya,

u r getting baldness in front if it is like general loss of hair may be due to some deficiency but if u r getting patch like baldness losing hairs at few particular spots then u meet dermatologists it may be due to some fungal or other infection which can be cured very easily. so take care

bye
    padma

10. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

this is v common in ladies u need not worry at all
    wot u need to do is change ur parting or comb ur hair up without parting
    try to reduce the bulkiness of ur behind hair bcz of pulling and heaviness of the bak hair u tend to loose in the front .
    let ur hair relax and dont use hair clips or slides which wud make trauma for ur hair . ur in karnataka so go to a parlor and get hi frequency done wht a ozone machine which will stimulate the hair follicles in tht area
    u can get this every weekly and apply any minidoxil with 2% mintop, pilogrow,morr,follica any of ur choice take a multi vitamin with zinc daily
    which will settle ur problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.