Had anyone received call letters from these schools????

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by gvart, Feb 2, 2010.

1. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    I have applied for pre-kg for my daughter in the following schools......please let me know whether you have started receiving call letters for admission from any of these schools.....im right now in hyderabad and shifting to chennai for the next academic year.....couldnt collect info sitting here :bonk............help plz
    1. Chettinad Vidyashram - r.a.puram
    2. P.S.Senior secondary- mylapore
    3. Vidhya mandir - mylapore

2. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

vidya mandir doesn't have Prekg it has only LKG. did u mean the same.

3. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

yes shree........i meant lkg only

4. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

PS has put up the results on the notice board today (3rd).

Heard some have got interview letters from Vidhya Mandir. I had applied for Vidhya Mandir but still havent got any commn.

Regards,
    Suha

5. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Hi suhasini,
    thanks a lot for the reply......we had bad luck in PS.....name was not there. just crossing my fingers hoping we will receive letters from chettinad and vidya mandir......let me c.....its just luck i believe getting admisssion in chennai schools.......wat more to say....

6. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

In the same boat. Didnt get thru in PS. Not able to understand the selection criteria. My house is just 1 km from the school. Dont seem to understand how they derive at that list.

Dont know what to call it Luck or Reach. In most schools only recommendations of the highest level work.

7. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

suha.. this info scares me. i haven't applied in too many schools for DD, in fact only sankara so far. i hope she gets thru.
    btw, has any of you received interview letters from sankara adyar? i called up the school yesterday and they say its again based on lots and nothing else. as suha says, real open seats could only be about 10-15%.

8. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Hi suha and asha, lets keep our fingers crossed......

9. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Hi Asha,

Went to Sankara today. They say that the list will not be published but letters will be sent till end of this month. No one will know who else is selected unless we speak to the other person.

The tension is there till this month end. Lot of ppl are giving a positive feedback reg Sankara's procedure. They say that much rejections will not be there.

Gvart,

Admissions have started in Vidhya Mandir starting with Aluminis and sibling quota. Know couple of people who have already paid the fees.

They are suggesting to try thru some recommendation.

10. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

gvart .. with chettinad what i have heard is, they do give you admission if you keep visiting the school often. couple of visits could suffice too. so in case..

suha - thats what i heard when i called them too. sankara would only send letters and would not put up the list on the board. by feb end, other schools like hindu senior, bharath would complete their formalities. we applied in these schools as well just in case. but we dont know what we would decide if at all these come thru before sankara's results.