1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Habit of reading newspapers in toilet? Bad news

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by kamdev1, Apr 11, 2013.

1. kamdev1

kamdev1 Silver IL'ite

If you are fond of reading newspaper while in toilet :coffee then be careful! Doing this can cause you piles. This fact has been found out through a research carried out by the doctors of BHU. As per a new research of Banaras Hindu University, 80% people have piles. 5-6% of people got piles due to sitting and reading newspaper in toilet. 20% people face the symptoms of piles (blood flow in stools), which is very dangerous. Around 11 % women suffer from piles.

6815_3.jpg
    According to Dr. Ajay Khanna, of all those people who suffer from piles, 5-6% of them have a habit of sitting for long in toilet reading newspapers. And the number is increasing.
    In piles, it is very difficult to pass stools. And with pain while passing stools, blood flows and there is itching. Khanna says that those who spend too much time sitting in toilets, less pressure is created in their external hemorrhoid, which leads to piles. Therefore, in the work of five minutes, people should not spend more time.
    While sitting long in toilets, the external hemorrhoid remains open for a long time that affects the rectum. This causes piles. Also, people who eat excess junk food, chicken, mutton, fried stuff and drinking less water are the major causes of piles to happen.
    People in metros suffer maximum from this disease. In the world, Americans suffer from piles the most.

source : http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/JM...ho-read-newspapers-in-toilet-4226110-PHO.html

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2013
    2 people like this.

2. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Oh.. Thats bad..!! Thank God I don't have this habit.
    Thanks for sharing this piece of information.

3. kamdev1

kamdev1 Silver IL'ite

My father used to carry magazines in toilet. And yes he used to suffer from piles.
    He didn't knew.
    Thank God I don't read stuff in Toilets

4. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

very disgusting habit!

5. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

I remember my friend`s hubby had this habit of reading in toilet. He got so addicted to it that he read the menu card in a hotel when he didn`t get any reading stuff while sitting in the toilet.

anurar20 likes this.
  6. kamdev1

kamdev1 Silver IL'ite

really, menu card? lol

7. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

lol....thats really funny yaar

8. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

thank you kamdev for sharing this information, it was very enlightening....i will tell my dad about it, he had his piles surgery done when he was just 25, and still suffers from it, and its no wonder now, since he spends hours in the washroom reading mags and newspaper!!

and being a hindu i feel it is wrong to take any kind of reading material in the washroom, as it is a form of saraswati, then be it a comic or even a newspaper.

9. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Smartphones also causes ah? :-|

1 person likes this.
  10. kamdev1

kamdev1 Silver IL'ite

max. is five minutes inside.