1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H1B for 2009

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by kv_shyamala, Jan 23, 2008.

1. kv_shyamala

kv_shyamala New IL'ite

Hi ILs,

We have a plan to move to US next year. ie. Applying for H1B this year. My husband has got an offer from a consultant in Hyderabad. The consultant has offices at Houston Texas, South Corolina, Michigan.

I am not having any offer till now for H1B. So, the plan is to accompany him in H4 and later getting H1.

I am interested to know
    1. How is the market now in US. Is a recession expected in 2009.
    2. Synergy Consultants- how reliable is it.
    3. What would be the cost of living in Texas,South Corolina, MI when compared to NewYork/NewJersey as we have an idea of NY/NJ. (Planning for a kid soon)
    4. How easy/difficult to convert H4 to H1.

It would be great if you could share your views with me.

If you are aware of any reliable consultany also, please do share with me. Lets try our best.

Thanks in advance
    Shyamala

2. wellknown

wellknown New IL'ite

Hi Shyamala , Geeting H1's is nomore a cake walk . H1 cap is purely based on the random selection now . Last yr USCIS reveived double the H1 applications of the actual cap . This yr they are expecting to be little more . So that chances could be 1:3 ratio .

About your questions :

1)How is the market now in US. Is a recession expected in 2009.
    US market for the IT jobs is quite good , as of now . We cant say anything about the recession at this point fo time . It might not have impact on IT industry .

2. Synergy Consultants- how reliable is it.
    no idea , you can probably post this in Path2Usa.

3. What would be the cost of living in Texas,South Corolina, MI when compared to
    NewYork/NewJersey as we have an idea of NY/NJ. (Planning for a kid soon)

cost of living in TX/SC/MI is quite less compared to that of NY/NJ . I will just give you an idea about the rents here , rent for a 1 bedroom appartment in NJ will be min 1000 . and other places like TX/SC/MI will be 700 on avg

4. How easy/difficult to convert H4 to H1.
    It is not tought to convert your status from H4 to H1 , but you should b able to make it in the random pick .

Hope this clarifies most .