1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

H1-H4 transfer, Do I need an Attorney for this?

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by PeeVee, Dec 23, 2009.

1. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

I am planning to file a COS from H1-H4. Should I go through an attorney to do the same or can i file the form I-539 myself with all the supporting documents and application fee? Did any one file it by themselves before? i contacted an attorney and he is asking 1000 dollars as his attorney fee! I looked at the form in USCIS website and never found anything complicated in it. Please send me your suggestions in this matter.

2. Siyaa

Siyaa New IL'ite

Hi PeeVee,

I recently went through the same process, however my husbands employer took care of my COS to H4. I think the employer of persons holding H1 is responsible for sponsoring/handling any H4 requirements for the spouse of the H1 holder. Maybe you should talk to them first. Other than that I cannot say how complicated the process would be because my husbands employer handled it, but it does seem straightforward.

Good luck.